PDA

View Full Version : NEW 40k LCG by FFG!

bobafett012
18-03-2014, 22:07
For anyone interested, FFG just announced a new living card game based on warhammer 40k universe. I believe it will be all original art (just like the star wars LCG), and 7 armies right out of the starter set. I play the star wars LCG and dabble in net runner and both are amzing. The LCG format is SO MUCH better than the collectible format like magic the gathering its not funny. I can't wait!!

Anyways, check it out

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4704

Baneboss
18-03-2014, 22:11
YES! I waited long time for this. I played 1st and 3rd edition by Sabertooth and liked it a lot. Missed collecting Horus Heresy though.

bobafett012
18-03-2014, 22:57
i never got into the original CCGs but they looked awesome, and to have FFG make one ala living card game with their incredible artists makes me really excited for this.

Inquisitor Engel
19-03-2014, 05:11
At least we'll get cool artwork...

Messiah
19-03-2014, 08:00
Reminds me a lot of the old Star Wars ccg (dont remember who made it, Decipher?)

Princey
19-03-2014, 14:58
may be interesting (and yes, decipher made probably the best ccg ever ..the star wars one..great game, really funny text)

bobafett012
20-03-2014, 03:27
may be interesting (and yes, decipher made probably the best ccg ever ..the star wars one..great game, really funny text)

I still have my entire star wars CCG collection. While I really enjoyed the game (one of my favorite card games of all time), I think it just tried to do too much. The new star wars card game i think is a better game over all. If you haven't tried it and you liked the decipher CCG then your doing your self a disservice by not giving it a go.

Thats why I think FFG is going to have a hit on their hands with the 40k LCG. Its by eric lang, a great designer, and with FFG supporting it, it should be a ton of fun. I can't wait to see all the great artwork. the artists they use for star wars, CoC, netrunner and AGoT are amazing, and just the few cards they have spoiled so far look great.

Princey
20-03-2014, 14:18
Well, i played the 1st ed of the sabretooth one but it never really caught on as we were all playing Deciphers Lotr at the time. saying that however, if FFG manage to make the game feel at least half as 40kish as X-wing feels "Star-Warsy" then its definately something ill look into.

M'ichal
22-03-2014, 03:20
Finally. It had to come eventually because it was the only major franchise they own that didn't have an LCG but it took a while. Definitely getting it.

bobafett012
24-03-2014, 00:09
Finally. It had to come eventually because it was the only major franchise they own that didn't have an LCG but it took a while. Definitely getting it.

just the art they have spoiled so far looks amazing to me. I can't wait to see some more warlords. I really want to see Azrael, Dante, mephiston, shrike, and Logan all done. I alos like how they are doing th edeck building with allies personally, and that some cards will be "Loyal" so can't be taken as an ally.

I am very excited for this game, I think there will be alot of cross over from the table top game to the card game considering many people enjoy the hobby side of the game, this will be a great way to play 40k without the huge time and money investments.

skammadix
19-08-2014, 12:32
Sorry to bump this, but the release is getting closer (September). As I have no interest in the game 40K but love the setting this just might be something worth picking up. I'm a little bummed that there'll be no Tyranids in the core set, but they will probably be added eventually.

Any hype for this?