PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Knights during the Battle of Terra (allied with Imperial Fists)

draccan
20-03-2014, 13:28
Hi

Anyone who knows which Imperial Knight houses fought during the Battle of Terra on the loyalist side (the other side could be great to know too). Especially the ones that would have allied with Imperial Fists during the final battle?

Cheers
Draccan

MajorWesJanson
20-03-2014, 21:49
Were any knights on Terra itself? I thought they were on Mars, and involved in the fighting there.

draccan
20-03-2014, 21:50
I kinda assumed it as there were titan legions fighting there...

draccan
20-03-2014, 22:47
Maybe I will just do Fire Wasps even though Knights are not technically a part of a Titan Legion as far as I know...
Fire Wasps are my Epic Titan Legion anyways ....

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Legio_Ignatum

Edit: Fire Wasps were iconic in the Battle of Terra so I think I will mould my knights after that.

Son of Morkai
20-03-2014, 22:50
I know of no official info about knights on Terra, but I am basing my Imperial Knights (House Martius) on Terra, specifically because I want them to have a history with the Imperial Fists. The backstory I am going with is a silly Terran noble become enamored with the true Knight Households and tried to emulate them, as going to war on foot or in a tank is for peasants. Obtaining a handful of Knights before the Heresy would require significant effort and be extremely costly, but surely is not impossible. In fact, during the very early stages of the Heresy, when the warp travel became all-but impossible, I can imagine a lot of supply ships suddenly "disappeared" and some of their contents ended up on the black market.

And if one terrain noble family is does this, I can see an escalating cold war arms race going on between several of the others, either because they are afraid of their neighbors or to help defend Terra as best they can. Wouldn't be a lot of time for training, which would explain why my house was wiped out during the siege without firing a single shot.

draccan
21-03-2014, 10:05
Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to have a pic for your knights? Which colours did you choose to supplement with the Imperial Fists yellow?

AndrewGPaul
21-03-2014, 21:42
IIRC, Mars fell to the rebels. If so, presumably elements of House Taranis evacuated to Earth along with other loyal Mechanicum forces. There were loyal Titan legions on Earth, so why not Knights?

Inquisitor Engel
21-03-2014, 22:35
IIRC, Mars fell to the rebels. If so, presumably elements of House Taranis evacuated to Earth along with other loyal Mechanicum forces. There were loyal Titan legions on Earth, so why not Knights?

The Knights Codex explictly says the Knights of House Taranis were reduced to two Knights, both of whom are accounted for at the end of "Mechanicum" and definitely not heading to Terra.

House Hawkshroud has an extremely long history of cooperation with the Imperial Fists, dating back to the Horus Heresy and potentially the Crusade.

Son of Morkai
21-03-2014, 23:18
Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to have a pic for your knights? Which colours did you choose to supplement with the Imperial Fists yellow?

Since Imperial Fists (mine, at least) tend to have lots of black and white accents, I went with white and black crackled over gold (supposed to look like the plates were repaired using something similar to kintsugi). I avoided using House Hawkshroud because I wanted the knight to stand out, not just be another yellow vehicle. If they were any other color, I would have gone with them.