PDA

View Full Version : Multiple wounds on artillery

Liability
21-03-2014, 19:48
Ok, help me out here. I may be getting confused by different editions, but here's the issue. If I shoot at a war machine with something with the Multiple Wounds rule, it will do multiple wounds (Correct?). Does the same apply if I am attacking the war machine in close combat as it is the crew's toughness and armour that are used?

theunwantedbeing
21-03-2014, 20:21
Yes, war machines function as single models (like chariots, or cavalry).
Yes, in combat attacks are on the crews toughness, not the machines.

FatTrucker
21-03-2014, 21:34
In close combat you nominate up to 6 models (if infantry) to attack and the 3 crew step forward to fight.
A multiple wound shooting attack will cause multiple wounds up to the number on the machines profile.

Since the ponderous war machine rules have been canned, normal rules apply in CC. Each crew member has a single wound so a close combat attack with multiple wounds can only cause a maximum of 1 wound per hit.

Montegue
21-03-2014, 22:17
In close combat you nominate up to 6 models (if infantry) to attack and the 3 crew step forward to fight.
A multiple wound shooting attack will cause multiple wounds up to the number on the machines profile.

Since the ponderous war machine rules have been canned, normal rules apply in CC. Each crew member has a single wound so a close combat attack with multiple wounds can only cause a maximum of 1 wound per hit.

This is not true. A cc weapon that dies multiple wounds can one shot a war machine. The rules about crew models are clear - they are basically just wound counters.

Micalovits
21-03-2014, 22:29
Yes it does also apply in CC, just as HKB will one shot the entire war machine in close combat, and KB won't work at all.

BattleofLund
22-03-2014, 07:04

Also 6 models for cavalry, warbeasts, swarms.

Liability
22-03-2014, 08:46
So the general consensus seems to be that it does work in close combat. Thanks all.

Blkc57
22-03-2014, 10:00

Just to chime in as well, FatTrucker, this statement (as already revealed) has several flaws in it. First off: BattleofLund is correct it is 6 models of infantry, cavalry, warbeasts, and swarms; not just infantry that are chosen to fight. Secondly, as many have pointed out a warmachine's crew are wound markers. In close combat you go against their toughness but they aren't models with a separate wound allowance, they are all just one warmachine model with one set of wounds, so Multi-wound weapons and HKBs will still effect a warmachine in CC.

empirepadds
22-03-2014, 20:25
Just to chime in as well, FatTrucker, this statement (as already revealed) has several flaws in it. First off: BattleofLund is correct it is 6 models of infantry, cavalry, warbeasts, and swarms; not just infantry that are chosen to fight. Secondly, as many have pointed out a warmachine's crew are wound markers. In close combat you go against their toughness but they aren't models with a separate wound allowance, they are all just one warmachine model with one set of wounds, so Multi-wound weapons and HKBs will still effect a warmachine in CC.

soif they are just woundmarkers then if one dies before they attack then they get all 3 attacks right (i dont think so)

Vulgarsty
22-03-2014, 21:03
Hmmm, in my last game, some gobbos killed 1 of my rbx crew so only one elf fought back the next turn. I dont think my oponent would have let the dead elf attack.....

Blkc57
23-03-2014, 05:56
soif they are just woundmarkers then if one dies before they attack then they get all 3 attacks right (i dont think so)

Thats covered in the BRB, Empire, the warmachine has as many CC attacks as it does wounds left (crewmen left). You are just using two different profiles: one for shooting and one for CC. They are all part of the same model, thats why when it gets hit with HKB it takes out the whole model (including all the crew).