PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when they discontinued the Gaming/Modular Hills and Moonscape craters?

misterboff
22-03-2014, 08:56
If was thinking of buying some, but they aren't on the website anymore. Does anyone know when they discontinued the Gaming/Modular Hills and Moonscape craters?

DarkWarrior1981
22-03-2014, 13:26
The craters were up until Christmas, I think. The hills are gone a while longer.

If you are looking for craters, I can recommend the set from Pegasus. Here is a link to a well known UK based retailer, just to illustrate what I mean:http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/pegasus-hobbies/wargaming-accessories-28mm/crater-set-unpainted/prod_16458.html .

These are a bit more detailed and a bit larger than the moonscape set.

Spider-pope
22-03-2014, 13:35
If was thinking of buying some, but they aren't on the website anymore. Does anyone know when they discontinued the Gaming/Modular Hills and Moonscape craters?

The hill disappeared a while back. Presumably to sell more Realm of Battle boards, since they have a built in hill. If you're looking for some, try your local GW or Indie store, they might have some lingering in the stockroom.

misterboff
22-03-2014, 18:24
Thanks guys, I'll see if my FLGS has got any left. Seems daft to discontinue something as generic as a hill, but that's GW I guess...

Dai-Mongar
23-03-2014, 12:07
Thanks guys, I'll see if my FLGS has got any left. Seems daft to discontinue something as generic as a hill, but that's GW I guess...

That was probably the problem, it was too generic. Everything has to be uniquely GW these days (read: skulls everywhere).

TheMav80
25-03-2014, 01:15
Those Moonscape craters were awful anyway. Really regret that purchase.

TheFang
25-03-2014, 09:20
Those Moonscape craters were awful anyway. Really regret that purchase.

The painted resin masters they used to advertise them were miles better than the placcy rubbish they released.