PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a list. high elves, 2,500 points Vs dark elves

xarxes
23-03-2014, 01:51
So im playing dark elves tomorrow with my high elves. I've come up with two possible lists but am fairly new to warhammer and not rightly sure how to approach tomorrows game. i've played him before and from what i can say for certain is the only unit i may have an issue with are 30 witch elves with that pain in the butt cauldron of blood. im sure he's bringing the war hydra, 5 doom fire worlocks, 3 units of dark riders of 5 (only shooting he has), black gaurd, cold ones, executioners, and a lvl one beasts mage that runs behind the witch elves and spams wildform. so here's my lists

LIST #1

Teclis: Flame Cage, Wildform, Final Transmutation, Net of Amyntok, Throne of Vines, Wind Blast, Enfeebling Foe, Purple Sun - 450

50 x Sea Guard - Full Command - 630 - teclis bunker

2 x Bolt Throwers - 140

2 x Eagles - Swiftsense and Shredding Talons - 130

5 x Dragon Princes - Full Command, Star lance, Banner of the World Dragon - 255

21 x Sword Masters - Full Command, Blade of Battle, Banner of Swiftness - 338

21 x White Lions - Full Command, Shrieking Blade - 313

Flamespyre Phoenix - 225

Total: 2487

List #2

Archmage: lvl 4, Book of Hoeth, Dispell Scroll, Gem of Sunfire - 320 Lore of Life

Lothern Sea Helm - Bow, Obsidian lodestone - 149

Flamespyre Phoenix - 225

50 x Sea Guard - Full Command - bunker for mage and Sea Helm 630

5 x Dragon Princes - Full Command, Star lance, Banner of the World Dragon - 255

21 x Sword Masters - Full Command, Blade of Battle, Banner of Swiftness - 338

21 x White Lions - Full Command, Shrieking Blade - 313

2 x Bolt Throwers - 140

2 x Eagles - Swiftsense and Shredding Talons - 130

Total: 2500

I would use the first list more offensive than the second. using combos from teclis like flame cage then wind blast, throne then purple sun, enfeebling foe to net to wind blast. deploy in the center of the field wit hthe sea guard bunker in the center then the special units on either side and slowly march forward using magic on the bigger units i've normally seen deploy in the center and shooting and cleaning up with the special units. the second list i wound start closer to one side then expand to claim a corner and sit and shoot and buff and my units and let him come to me. after a couple turns of shooting and magic hopefully be able to expand my position and slowly clear across the board. then again neither of this may be plausible. words of wisdom, constructive critisism, ammusing anecdotes, revealing stories, or mind blowing revelations relevant to helping me not suck up a game against dark elves would be very appreciated. Thanks!

quietus1986
23-03-2014, 14:26
Only real hit I can give you is don't rely on you magic phace going as you want it to go. To mutch can go wrong. seen it happen big time and the high elf player lost heavy becose of that against my vampire count fluff list ( hihg lvl wizard was lvl 2)