PDA

View Full Version : Bit's box tank idea

cuda1179
23-03-2014, 21:51
I was searching through my bits box the other day. I started laying out random bits to see if I could put something fun together. Here is one idea I came up with. The track sections from a 2nd edition Rhino, the hull from a 3rd edition Leman Russ, and the turret and lascannons from a current Predator. I was thinking of making a Space Wolf predator tank (an homage to the old Leman Russ Exterminator they used to have in 3rd edition).

Now, instead of lascannon turrets, I was thinking of putting both lascannons in the front hull mount of the Leman Russ hull. How many people would have a problem with this? I mean, there would be slightly more frontal arch for those lascannons, but SIGNIGICANTLY less arch to the sides and rear.

Menthak
23-03-2014, 22:17
I was searching through my bits box the other day. I started laying out random bits to see if I could put something fun together. Here is one idea I came up with. The track sections from a 2nd edition Rhino, the hull from a 3rd edition Leman Russ, and the turret and lascannons from a current Predator. I was thinking of making a Space Wolf predator tank (an homage to the old Leman Russ Exterminator they used to have in 3rd edition).

Now, instead of lascannon turrets, I was thinking of putting both lascannons in the front hull mount of the Leman Russ hull. How many people would have a problem with this? I mean, there would be slightly more frontal arch for those lascannons, but SIGNIGICANTLY less arch to the sides and rear.

The idea sounds good, but the putting both cannons in the front, people would have issues with this.

If you've got a good group and discussed it first it might be fine.

cuda1179
23-03-2014, 22:28
Yeah, the frontal lascannon thing I was worried about. I know some people might complain, but I don't know why. The standard lascannon all ready shoots forward with a slight ability to shoot to the other side of the tank (about 10 degrees to the interior of the tank).

Menthak
23-03-2014, 22:55
Yeah, the frontal lascannon thing I was worried about. I know some people might complain, but I don't know why. The standard lascannon all ready shoots forward with a slight ability to shoot to the other side of the tank (about 10 degrees to the interior of the tank).

It's simply because it's different. If you went into a game and asked to use guardsmen with no options and marine costs people would still take issue.

Wolf Lord Balrog
23-03-2014, 23:29
I'm using my old Leman Russ Exterminator as a counts-as Relic Sicaran. Though I have thought of maybe replacing the turret with something beefier to represent the Accelerator Cannon. Maybe one of the alternate turrets from Pudlo.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk