PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Lords: Tanky or Killy?

gamerguy1470
24-03-2014, 21:15
The new book has ushered in a lot of potential for some solid dwarf lord builds with the new runes available. I have a couple solid combos I've found too work but I'd like the Warseer communities input. I feel like the runelord's got nerfed alot in the new book making the runelord the best Lord choice bar none. The tanky dwarf lord can rival any tanky build most other armies can make but I'm not as convinced about the killy Lord. What has everyone seen on the tables so far and how do you think dwarfs are effecting the new metas like vs the nurgle daemons or the witch elf lists?

Montegue
25-03-2014, 02:59
The new book has ushered in a lot of potential for some solid dwarf lord builds with the new runes available. I have a couple solid combos I've found too work but I'd like the Warseer communities input. I feel like the runelord's got nerfed alot in the new book making the runelord the best Lord choice bar none. The tanky dwarf lord can rival any tanky build most other armies can make but I'm not as convinced about the killy Lord. What has everyone seen on the tables so far and how do you think dwarfs are effecting the new metas like vs the nurgle daemons or the witch elf lists?

Eh, I'd go with Shieldbearers, 2x Iron, 3x Warding, and a great weapon. T6, W6, S6 Lord with a 1+/4++. Killy enough (especially on the charge with a Runesmith in the unit) and tanky enough for most anything. Can be unkillable if Joe Bugman brought the beer.

Targ Ironfist
25-03-2014, 08:46
Hi gamerguy,

I do run nearly exclusively killy lords for one reason only. There are units/characters that can stop/kill hammerers in their tracks, but the killy guy solves these.
He gives dawi army the much needed dynamic as stopping his unit (hammers or Longbeards) costs a lot. If Your enemy can not bog down Your dawi, we are going to make him pay terribly for his trespasses.

My biggest problem is the elgi cavalry prince, right now. But he does not see the field too often in these parts, so the chance of meeting him is pretty low, here. :D

With regards

dwarf_zepplin
25-03-2014, 11:00
I fight against WOC mostly, so while in the old book I played tanky, in this new book I'm really starting to enjoy the Killy Lord... He smashes up gorebeast chariots like no-ones business!

ARabidNun
25-03-2014, 13:50
Eh, I'd go with Shieldbearers, 2x Iron, 3x Warding, and a great weapon. T6, W6, S6 Lord with a 1+/4++. Killy enough (especially on the charge with a Runesmith in the unit) and tanky enough for most anything. Can be unkillable if Joe Bugman brought the beer.

How do you deal with ethereal characters such as wraiths? A second hero in the unit with a magic weapon?

Bran Dawri
25-03-2014, 19:20
Static CR generally does a number on ethereals.

Targ Ironfist
25-03-2014, 23:02
Static CR generally does a number on ethereals.

Not if there is enough of them. One spirit host or 1-2 wraiths yes. You manage these.
A unit with banshee and wraith and a bunch of skeletons will do wonders against our dawi. Ethereals will tank a lot and banshee will decimate the unit (good rolls needed, but quite possible).

With the old book I met a horde of skeletons with a ghoul king(+shrieking sword - Skrabskrath or how is it called) and 2 banshees. You can guess how my hammers managed. Not very well, I tell You.

With regards