PDA

View Full Version : Terminators vs Centurion?

saberslash127
24-03-2014, 22:49
Just a simple question before buying, are Centurions "Better" or "Worse" then the Terminators I have now? I haven't gotten enough money to buy the next codex yet too look at their stats, and rules and such, but I was fascinated by the Centurions and how they look.....just a bit...didn't like their legs for some reason....but they do look pretty beefy then Terminators that for sure!

hobojebus
25-03-2014, 01:27
If you already have terminators you don't need em to be honest, they have a few tricks but they are not a must have.

MajorWesJanson
25-03-2014, 04:45
Cents vs Terminators: heavier weapons, tougher, extra wound, but more expensive and no Inv save. Think of them as basically Terminator Devastators.

Minsc
25-03-2014, 09:27
What are we talking about here? Assault Centurions vs Assault Terminators? Devastator Centurions vs 'regular' Terminators?

OuroborosTriumphant
25-03-2014, 10:19
Assault Centurions fill a similar role to Terminators and Assault Terminators and are probably a little worse at it.

Devastator Centurions lack AP2 close combat attacks and have a completely different role. They're generally reckoned to be potent, but pricey. Grav cannons are the preferred build.

T10
25-03-2014, 13:46
Notice that Siege Drills do not have the Unwieldy special rule. If you need to kill something with Initiative 4 or less, this seems to be a better tool for the job than a power fist.

-T10

Charistoph
25-03-2014, 16:36
Notice that Siege Drills do not have the Unwieldy special rule. If you need to kill something with Initiative 4 or less, this seems to be a better tool for the job than a power fist.

-T10

Indeed, but they cannot quite tank like the Hammernators. It really depends on what you're facing. They'll do as good, if not better against Banshees and Scorpions, but not as survivable against Monstrous Creatures due to no Invul Save. They can really muck up a Vehicle, though.

For my Templars, both Terminators and Centurions lose out on Sweeping Advance, so miss out on one of my Traits, so the Assaults are usually out. Devastator Centurions have a point in my list, but they are largely just there to be slow gun platforms, a job a Predator or PA Devastator squad also fill, albeit without Grav Cannons.

IcedCrow
25-03-2014, 16:47
Grav cannons will sink many-an-army. My eldar wraith army got to experience the love of two units packed with grav cannons over the weekend. You throw in librarians and inquisitors to buff them and grant them Feel no Pain and they are a deadly unit that is very difficult to get rid of.

OuroborosTriumphant
25-03-2014, 17:01
Grav cannons will sink many-an-army. My eldar wraith army got to experience the love of two units packed with grav cannons over the weekend. You throw in librarians and inquisitors to buff them and grant them Feel no Pain and they are a deadly unit that is very difficult to get rid of.

Bit of a gamble though. Against many Daemons lists, a unit of Grav Centurions is completely useless.

IcedCrow
25-03-2014, 17:03
Bit of a gamble though. Against many Daemons lists, a unit of Grav Centurions is completely useless.

That's true if you primarily play in an environment where you don't know who you are up against. In a campaign environment where you know what you are facing, they are gold.

And even if you do play primarily against unknown opponents - I find the vast majority of armies revolve around the 3+ save unit.