PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Characters in 40k

Telemachus
25-03-2014, 15:12
Apparently, and I say that because I haven't read it, this ebook (http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/in-service-to-shadows-ebook.html), In Service to Shadows, finally puts a name to the Raven Guard's Chapter Master.
Now if this is true, and my mate who's being a bit of a knob because he won't tell me the name, is right, it got me thinking, are there any other important characters who we don't actually know?

Alpharius/Omegon don't count ;)

OuroborosTriumphant
25-03-2014, 15:36
Apparently, and I say that because I haven't read it, this ebook (http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/in-service-to-shadows-ebook.html), In Service to Shadows, finally puts a name to the Raven Guard's Chapter Master.
Now if this is true, and my mate who's being a bit of a knob because he won't tell me the name, is right, it got me thinking, are there any other important characters who we don't actually know?

Alpharius/Omegon don't count ;)

We don't know the names of most of the current High Lords of Terra and they are about as important as it gets. We know that the Chancellor of the Estate Imperium is called Seward Ronsencrantz, but that's about it.

dram
25-03-2014, 18:03
His name is Corvin Severax

Haskear
25-03-2014, 21:42
Keyser soz

Theocracity
25-03-2014, 21:52
His name is Corvin Severax

I wonder if the Raven Guard only accept initiates who have crow and bird themed names, or if they give them new names so they fit in.

Either way the chapter roll call must be pretty quick. Corvus, Corvin, and names that end with Claw probably represent half the members.

It's possible that several of the organizations without identified characters are that way because of turnover. Not every chapter or high lord position has a Dante or similarly long-lasting personality to fill it for the duration of the current era.

Rufiodies
26-03-2014, 07:31
Maybe all the chapter masters inherit the "title" of corvin/corvus similar to the salamanders dude Vulkan (originally Stan "He'Stan")

Sanai
26-03-2014, 07:37
Do the Raven Guard have a single recruitment world? If so Corvin/Corvus/Shrike/etc are probably the Johns/Bobs/Smiths of that world- it would be fairly common for people on said world to name their children after the chapter that recruits from said world.

Telemachus
26-03-2014, 08:29
His name is Corvin Severax Cheers

WftWG