PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves Question: What Model Can I Use As A Master?

Thunderrchunky
25-03-2014, 18:00
As I create my Dark Elf list I want to include a Master on a Cold One, but I don't see the option to buy a Master on the Games Workshop website. What model can I use as a Master? A dreadlord? A regular cold one knight? Some help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

King Arthur
25-03-2014, 18:24
Model wise dreadlords and masters are the same, just with different stat lines so you would get the dreadlord model but it is actually en-fact a dreadlord/master model hope that clears things up.

SteveW
25-03-2014, 18:24
The dreadlord should be listed Master/Dreadlord. Using him or a regular cold one knight would be appropriate.

mostlyharmless
25-03-2014, 19:21
You could even bitzmash a cold one knight into a master on cold one. You shouldn't feel restricted by what GW labels a model as. Hell, I used the dreadlord with 2 hand weapons as Helbron and the dreadlord with great weapon as Tullaris for years.

Knifeparty
25-03-2014, 21:00
It's warhammer, you can use anything as long as it's well converted and properly represents the model you are using.

Sexiest_hero
25-03-2014, 23:10
Put a captain hat on any dark elf model. Boom, dread lord!

jtrowell
27-03-2014, 13:22
You can also use a plastic cold one knight champion as a base, add some decorations to make him stand better compared to a "normal" champion, and you will have your character.

This is were you can use head without helmets or with a special one for exemple. Also, if you have the black dragon kit, even if you use the dreadlord rider, you should have some leftovers bits that could help your convertion (head and arms)

Vishok
30-03-2014, 00:11
A Dark Elf Warrior can make an awesome Dreadlord with a few spiky bits.