PDA

View Full Version : Steadfast/unbreakable and reform amidst defeat.

Micalovits
26-03-2014, 17:19
After reading through the close combat rules again, I found something rather... weird to say the least.
When you want to reform from defeat, and being steadfast/unbreakable you apparently have to use the units own unmodified leadership.
To quote from the book, under the reform amid defeat section pg 55: "... subject to any modifiers from having lost the fight, just like a break test. If your unit is steadfast(or has the unbreakable special rule)the test is taken on the UNITS UNMODIFIED leadership."
So you can't use your generals inspiring presence? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
I couldn't find anything in the FAQ to dispute this, and it would be rather hard on things like skaven slaves...

Soo, am I just crazy and blind, or is it actually, sometimes, bad to be steadfast when reforming from combat?

Mr_Rose
26-03-2014, 17:27
I think the errata for Steadfast actually covers this, along with the restatement of what unmodified Ld actually is (setting is apparently not modifying so…) in the FAQ, so you can use the General etc.

Artiee
26-03-2014, 17:51
This been errata'ed.

Page 54 – Loser Takes a Break Test, Steadfast.
Change the first paragraph to read “If a defeated unit has more
ranks than its enemy, it takes a Break test without applying the
difference in the combat result scores. You should include the
front rank for the purposes of determining whether or not a
unit is steadfast.”
Change the fourth paragraph to read “Steadfast units don’t
apply the difference in combat result scores to Break tests.”

Besides the Games Workshop F-ed up unmodified leadership in the last FAQ so much that the rule no longer has any value.

Micalovits
26-03-2014, 19:49
The issue lies In the reforming part, nothing wrong with the break test.
But yea, with unmodified leadership meaning nothing anyway, it doesn't really matter then

orionwoodking
27-03-2014, 10:43
Unmodified leadership means basically you leadership, or your generals leadership, with all the static bonuses (like from banners or skaven), any spells that affect your leadership and the odd thing here or there. Lotsa sense right there GW

bigbiggles
28-03-2014, 02:43
Unmodified leadership just means " apply modifiers randomly, and swap each FAQ"