PDA

View Full Version : Seige of vraks characters and lists

Camman1984
27-03-2014, 17:50
Are the seige of vraks characters and army lists still usable? The servants of decay list is on the FW allies matrix which implies it is a 6th ed army, but is that just still pending update as the vraks books a a couple of editions old. I am liking the idea of putting necrosius and typhus in a list then spending 450 points on 105 fearless,fnp,fc,snp zombies.

Navar
27-03-2014, 18:00
I think they are still very usable. I play my servants of Decay every chance I get.

I would caution you with combining Necrosius and Typhus. Typhus doesn't actually do anything to plague zombies, he gives Cultists an upgrade.

As such 105 Plague Zombies would cost you 630 points, and have the Shambling Gait rule, but they would be Fearless, Feel No Pain, and have Furious Charge.

Frep
27-03-2014, 18:00
The characters have all been given an update in a PDF on the Forgeworld website, I'm actually not certain about whether or not the army list itself has been properly updated.

malisteen
27-03-2014, 18:18
the most current versions of the characters are found in Imperial Armour Apocalypse (2013), but they don't have the "40k approved" stamp.

Camman1984
27-03-2014, 18:25
Would necrosius power work on cultists that have been turned into plague zombies from the chaos space marines book?

Navar
27-03-2014, 18:58
Would necrosius power work on cultists that have been turned into plague zombies from the chaos space marines book?

I wouldn't see why it would. They are cultists. His power specifies that it works on plague zombie units on page 181 of Imperial Armour Volume 7.

NamelessBard
27-03-2014, 22:21
I wouldn't see why it would. They are cultists. His power specifies that it works on plague zombie units on page 181 of Imperial Armour Volume 7.

I'd suggest checking the IA:Apoc book instead which it clearly says that it does.

Navar
27-03-2014, 22:25
I'd suggest checking the IA:Apoc book instead which it clearly says that it does.

I stand corrected. Also, I didn't realize that he had been updated to enable turning Cultists into Zombies. That is fairly awesome.

NamelessBard
27-03-2014, 22:37
I stand corrected. Also, I didn't realize that he had been updated to enable turning Cultists into Zombies. That is fairly awesome.

It's actually fairly well hidden in the book (i.e. not listed in the table of contents).

Menthak
27-03-2014, 22:43
the most current versions of the characters are found in Imperial Armour Apocalypse (2013), but they don't have the "40k approved" stamp.

Basically ask beforehand.

I'd probably let you anyways if you asked me nicely, I'm sure most non-waac players would.

Camman1984
28-03-2014, 11:47
I never realises they had those characters at the back of the book. I usually stop reading once it gets to the strategums etc that i wont use. Its odd that they snuck them in there. Reading his new entry makes it quite clear and bring him right up to date. Zombie swarm looking even more likely. Not competitive but a load of fun.

Harbinger
28-03-2014, 21:12
Are the seige of vraks characters and army lists still usable? The servants of decay list is on the FW allies matrix which implies it is a 6th ed army, but is that just still pending update as the vraks books a a couple of editions old. I am liking the idea of putting necrosius and typhus in a list then spending 450 points on 105 fearless,fnp,fc,snp zombies.

As others have said, the charcaters have all been upgraded. The the Renegade lists have not been updated. I e-mail FW about it, and they said the current lists are usable despite being out of date and there were no current plans to update them. FW also said that if any inconsistencies arise, discuss with your opponent or use and IG list with some modification.

forseer of fates
28-03-2014, 21:26
Very odd the two inquisitor special character's are not hq choices for codex inquisition:(

malisteen
29-03-2014, 13:34
There is a pedantic, rules lawyery argument about Necrosius not actually being able to turn cultists into zombies himself, only buffing zombies converted by Typhus. Specifically, Necrosius's IA13 entry says he has Typhus's plague zombie rule, but doesn't include the text of the rule, instead it merely refers you to Typhus's entry in C:CSM. But the actual text of that rule allows you to upgrade cultists 'in the same army as Typhus', which would imply that Necrosius can't upgrade cultists to zombie's unless Typhus is in the same army, and of course if Typhus is there you can upgrade cultists anyway.

but that's so obviously not the intent of his rules that I don't expect anyone would actually run into problems at the table over it. Lack of the '40k approved' stamp is more likely to cause issues, but the IA13 chaos characters really aren't that big a deal. They're kind of cool, but hardly the sort of thing anyone should object to playing, provided they actually read their entries over and don't just kneejerk object to FW material.