PDA

View Full Version : Chaos helbrute

Studio Dave
30-03-2014, 01:40
Hey guys
I've got a spare chaos helbrute from the DV set, so I was going to paint it as a display piece and I honestly can't think of how to paint it
Just wondering if any of you guys could help me out with suggestions on how to paint it,
I don't think that it actually suits the likes of world eaters or alpha legion, proper dreadnoughts for them
But hey, you might change my mind
Thanks in advance guys
Dave

Farris
30-03-2014, 07:44
Considering the flesh ish the most prominent part I'd start there. My dv helbrute has alpha legion theme but a strong red colour for flesh, thus creating a big contrast.
I'd figure out if I contrast was the thing, I could see night lords being good, or iron warriors, with a darker flesh. As a display piece, is it going to be a diorama or standalone?

hobojebus
30-03-2014, 12:38
My hellbrute is an IW and the contrast of metal and flesh works nicely, golds and metals give a cold clean look which offsets the warmth and softness of the fleshy bits.

Studio Dave
30-03-2014, 22:49
@Farris I thought night lords, but again fluff wise, there not really deamon users, and it's a very deamon-engine kind of feel, and stand alone piece
I kind of all about the fluff xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk