PDA

View Full Version : Death Korps of Krieg out of stock

draccan
31-03-2014, 11:43
I noticed recently that some of the Death Korps of Krieg were out of stuck. But the numbers have been increasing. First it was just the main unit and now it seems all infantry (three types) and the command squads are out of stock. Centaur artillery tractor as well.

Before sounding alarm this could mean several things:
* Just a coincidence and will be back shortly
* Is getting sold out due to new interest in Guard with a codex looming - will be back shortly
* GW is releasing plastics instead - after all DKoK is imho one of the best looking ranges GW ever produced. Catachans and all the other types just didn't look as good.
* FW is giving them up to focus on Cadians and other types - not very likely

What do you guys think?

Update June 25th 2014:
Just got this from Forge World today: "We are currently making some repairs to the master models for the DKK range but we hope to have them available again within the next month."

Update July 16th:
I was worried yesterday as the Krieg infantry miniatures were removed from the Forge World website, but I wrote them and immediately got the reply that they are restocking soon and for a technical reason they have to remove it from the website.
So don't worry guys. They will be back soon!

hobojebus
31-03-2014, 11:46
I think when five scions cost 21 you may as well buy forgeworld because your at least getting better value for money, I wouldn't worry too much I'm sure they had a run with the new IG codex due soon.

A.T.
31-03-2014, 12:03
FW stuff does go out temporarily of stock at times, but when they scrap a product they tend to just remove it from the site.

If you email them they'll probably tell you.

Zingraff
31-03-2014, 12:30
Last autumn they suddenly removed the HQ Command Sqd. (I believe it was removed entirely, not just listed as "out of stock"). I had been planning to buy that set, so I wrote them an email enquiring about it.

I was told it was temporarily out of stock because they were making new molds and a few days later, the HQ Command Sqd. reappeared on the FW-site. I ordered the set and the models I received were flawless, unlike my regular guardsmen, which often had a few unproblematic faults, like loss of detail. So this isn't unprecedented in any way.

I think that the sets they've listed as "out of stock" are amongst their best selling DKoK-sets and in anticipation of the new IG-Codex, they've decided to make new molds to handle the increase in sales that they're expecting.

Garvey
31-03-2014, 14:36
Forgeworld sets up a large booth at the Adepticon Tournament in Chicago, and sells about a bajillion dollars worth of product each year. You wait in line for about an hour just to get close enough to see the booth. And this is steady, opening to close, all weekend long. I'm sure they brought a significant amount of stock across the pond, Adepticon starts in like 3 or 4 days.

Lanacane
31-03-2014, 15:02
Forgeworld sets up a large booth at the Adepticon Tournament in Chicago, and sells about a bajillion dollars worth of product each year. You wait in line for about an hour just to get close enough to see the booth. And this is steady, opening to close, all weekend long. I'm sure they brought a significant amount of stock across the pond, Adepticon starts in like 3 or 4 days.

they are also at 3 other events in the next month.. and DKoK sells pretty well..

there was also the Open Day this weekend.. and DKoK kits were sold then too..

As the guy said.. They are probably remaking molds, or need a restock because of events and things.

Zingraff
02-04-2014, 14:23
The new 2014 FW catalogue is out today. The DKoK items mentioned in this thread is still in the catalogue, in fact both the Krieg range and the Elysians appear unchanged. I haven't found anything Tallarn in the new catalogue. All the 40k terrain currently listed on the website is also included in the catalogue, this includes the 720 fortress and the Zone Mortalis sets.

More interestingly, the FW Hydra is not in the 2014 catalogue and on the website it is now listed as out of stock.

The Griffon has remained in the catalogue. I'm guessing this means ForgeWorld will no longer produce the Hydra and there will be no new Griffon.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads/product/pdf/f/Forge%20World%20Catalogue%202014-web.pdf

MajorWesJanson
02-04-2014, 15:47
in fact both the Krieg range and the Elysians appear unchanged.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads/product/pdf/f/Forge%20World%20Catalogue%202014-web.pdf

Yep. Krieg still get 4+ pages, and Elysians get 1 and a third page. Unchanged.

draccan
02-04-2014, 17:08
I don't want to start any rumours, but wasn't there a rumour floating around about half a year ago about plastic Krieg?

Lanacane
02-04-2014, 18:38
I don't want to start any rumours, but wasn't there a rumour floating around about half a year ago about plastic Krieg?

why say it then?

I forsee a rumour thread with this as a "trusted" source by friday

draccan
02-04-2014, 18:39
Lol

silentsmoke
02-04-2014, 18:40
Yeah sorry, it's normally me buying Krieg :)

Zingraff
02-04-2014, 19:59
It's a pity about the Hydra though.

I'd much prefer the ForgeWorld version, even though it has to be said it was one of the old FW-models. Vehicles designed by FW tend to have a discernible aesthetic which is slightly different from GW central, it's as if the FW vehicles were made in a different decade. I try to only use FW-weapons on my vehicles just to maintain consistency, so on my Chimeras I used the spare hull Heavy Bolters left over from the battle tanks I've built and I left out the lasguns entirely.

AndrewGPaul
02-04-2014, 21:47
Argh! I've been meaning to buy a Hydra for ages now; I was waiting until Salute in a fortnight. I don't mind the new kit, but the crewmen don't really fit with my army of old 2nd edition troopers.

Beppo1234
02-04-2014, 21:50
Argh! I've been meaning to buy a Hydra for ages now; I was waiting until Salute in a fortnight. I don't mind the new kit, but the crewmen don't really fit with my army of old 2nd edition troopers.

I'm sure that there's a 2nd ed guy of your flavour of guard you can plunk in there...

draccan
24-05-2014, 19:43
The Krieg stuff is still out of stock and slowly more and more units are becoming out of stock....
If meant to come back they sure do take their sweet time doing it...

superdupermatt
24-05-2014, 20:28
Have you emailed them and ask? There pretty prompt at replying to those sort of queries.

draccan
24-05-2014, 20:46
Not sure I would get a straight answer.

I still think it is about the AM release

superdupermatt
24-05-2014, 21:07
If you ask something along the lines of "I was hoping to purchase some items from your Krieg line but a lot of the items are currently out of stock and have been for some time, do you have a rough estimate for when they'll be back in stock?" you'll get a fairly definitive answer.

draccan
24-05-2014, 21:10
So basically you would ruin a good forum speculation with hard facts?!?

superdupermatt
24-05-2014, 21:35
Pretty much! Ambiguity is anathema to me :P

draccan
25-06-2014, 09:36
Just got this from Forge World today: "We are currently making some repairs to the master models for the DKK range but we hope to have them available again within the next month."

Dr Zoidberg
25-06-2014, 11:02

That's good news. I bought some squads only recently in the past few months and the casting was a bit off at times. Nothing too bad but it did strike me that perhaps the molds were starting to go.

Mauler
25-06-2014, 17:09

Looks like you guys are doing alright: when I ordered a set of Shrike wings a few months back they were never dispatched due to the mould needing work. Upon further inspection the FW guys decided that the master model needed work to create a new mould from and that without an ETA for that work the Shrike kit would be discontinued for the forseeable future.

Which I was most unimpressed with.

draccan
25-06-2014, 17:11
It has been going on since early this year... it is a long wait for such iconic models..

tu33y
26-06-2014, 10:49
yet there are hundreds of new marines ever so slightly different to the other marines... ugh

people used to moan FW was all about guard and nothing else... now the guard are vanishing and all that stupid 30k stuff is all they make :-( I was even tempted to get the tallarn mulaaki sgt but he has vanished :-(

draccan
16-07-2014, 17:40
I was worried yesterday as the Krieg infantry miniatures were removed from the Forge World website, but I wrote them and immediately got the reply that they are restocking soon and for a technical reason they have to remove it from the website.
So don't worry guys. They will be back soon!

spacemonkeymojo
17-07-2014, 02:49
Based on the announcement I think they are just revamping the master molds. After a while - the molds they use get warped and the quality degrades so they have to remake that. My guess is that due to the hiatus the master they make the molds off of may need touching up.

sicarius68
17-07-2014, 15:31
Thanks after my cadians I wanted to go for DKoK and was a bit worried that they were gone. Little question is there an army rule book for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

draccan
17-07-2014, 15:38
The Siege of Vraks series had army lists (Imperial Armour). The Necron Imperial Armour book (XII) is the newest list. That list is an assault list and widely accepted as good.
However the Forge World site has an update of the Krieg list and it is a copy paste nightmare with missing entries.
Hopefully they will get to it soon with a proper update!

Sotek
17-07-2014, 15:45
why say it then?

I forsee a rumour thread with this as a "trusted" source by friday

No it was plastic steel legion but turned out to be badly photoshopped original metals onto a new package.

17-07-2014, 17:35
Thanks for the update. I was sad when I first saw this as I had to sell my DKoK army and I have always wanted to remake it.

The Pounder
17-07-2014, 17:35
The Siege of Vraks series had army lists (Imperial Armour). The Necron Imperial Armour book (XII) is the newest list. That list is an assault list and widely accepted as good.
However the Forge World site has an update of the Krieg list and it is a copy paste nightmare with missing entries.
Hopefully they will get to it soon with a proper update!

I second this. I'm currently working on an assualt brigade list (IA12) and long for the return of my beloved siege regiment.
Currently all my artillery is sitting in the bottom of my carry case!

sicarius68
17-07-2014, 23:09
Okay thank you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFang
25-07-2014, 14:10
Forgeworld Newsletter #411-

"Been waiting to deploy fresh troops to your Death Korps of Krieg army? Well, now you can as the following Death Korps of Kreig Infantry (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Death-Korps-of-Krieg/DEATH_KORPS_OF_KRIEG_INFANTRY_AND_ACCESSORIES?filt er_reset=1)kits are back in stock and available for you to order!"

draccan
25-07-2014, 14:10
Yup. Finally!

tiger g
25-07-2014, 16:39
They are back today.

TheBearminator
25-07-2014, 19:34
Same price still? Also, it would be nice if someone would share their impressions from the "new" models. Are they better than last time you ordered the same kit?