PDA

View Full Version : Mangler Squig Question

Rawdogg15
31-03-2014, 22:02
What happens if a mangler Squig bounces off the board edge? Does it:
1. Leave the table and come back next turn as if from reserve
Or
2. Stop 1" away as it does when it hits impassable terrain?

This doesn't appear to be covered in the random moves special rule or by FAQs.

How does it normally get played out there in tournament land?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Artiee
01-04-2014, 01:12
See last sentence of the "Watch Out!" rule for Mangler Squigs in the OnG Army Book on pg 56.

"If their move wound take them into contact with a Building, Impassable Terrain or off a table edge then they must take a Dangerous Terrian test and will stop 1" short of the obstruction".

See OnG FAQ pg 2 right hand side on what to do if there happens to be a unit near the edge.

bigbiggles
01-04-2014, 05:49
Mine tend to rampage through a unit and then ram themselves repeatedly into a board corner

Rawdogg15
01-04-2014, 17:48
See last sentence of the "Watch Out!" rule for Mangler Squigs in the OnG Army Book on pg 56.

"If their move wound take them into contact with a Building, Impassable Terrain or off a table edge then they must take a Dangerous Terrian test and will stop 1" short of the obstruction".

See OnG FAQ pg 2 right hand side on what to do if there happens to be a unit near the edge.

Thank you. Clearly I hadn't looked closely enough! Sorry for asking about something that was evidently hidden in plain sight! Anyway, it stops on the board edge or, if that's not possible because of the position of a unit, it deals double damage and dies right? Cheers pal.

Rawdogg15
01-04-2014, 17:49
Mine tend to rampage through a unit and then ram themselves repeatedly into a board corner

Yep, that sounds familiar. Mine tend to head straight for a board edge as soon as the movement goes random! That was exactly why I asked the question actually!