PDA

View Full Version : Taurox is an Ork vehicle!!!!!

Eldartank
02-04-2014, 00:10
Yeah, I know the Taurox is in that new Imperial army codex. But in my opinion, it looks just plain ugly and out of place in any Imperial army. However, it does seem rather Orky to me, and would make a beautiful Ork vehicle. I plan on getting a couple and kit bashing them with Trukk models to make various Trukks. Mixing that Taurox model with various Ork models, I can have a truly Orky army where no two vehicles (even vehicles of the same type) look alike. What are your thoughts on this?

Camman1984
02-04-2014, 00:27
Definately agree, looks more like an 'imperified' trukk than a true imperial vehicle, complete with poorly turrets. Am looking to see these in ork armies all over.

Ssilmath
02-04-2014, 00:33
Goodness, we've got every Taurox, MT and AM thread filled with people spouting about how ugly they think it is. Do we really need a thread dedicated to showcasing how much people value their aesthetic opinion?

hobojebus
02-04-2014, 00:54
Goodness, we've got every Taurox, MT and AM thread filled with people spouting about how ugly they think it is. Do we really need a thread dedicated to showcasing how much people value their aesthetic opinion?

Clearly we do.

Chem-Dog
02-04-2014, 00:57
It does seem particularly fitting to be an Ork looted vehicle to me. I'm quite charmed by the Taurox aesthetically speaking, It has already entered my mental short list for converting to a civillian model (yes, with wheels) and I think that's what make it a good choice for Orks as a Trukk or even a Looted Wagon (if anyone actually uses them).

It seems to go together in an interesting way too, from looking at the sprues on the GW site, the side panels seem to be wholly separate for the portion behind the cab, which might make it an eminently viable kit for a flat-bed configuration (which I think helps for the Trukk doesn't it?).

It also strikes me that, with a little bit of kitbashing, the old tank model trick of making the back the front might make for an interesting model.

Anyone wanna spot me thirty quid so i can give it a go? :shifty:

Theocracity
02-04-2014, 00:58
It does seem particularly fitting to be an Ork looted vehicle to me. I'm quite charmed by the Taurox aesthetically speaking, It has already entered my mental short list for converting to a civillian model (yes, with wheels) and I think that's what make it a good choice for Orks as a Trukk or even a Looted Wagon (if anyone actually uses them).

It seems to go together in an interesting way too, from looking at the sprues on the GW site, the side panels seem to be wholly separate for the portion behind the cab, which might make it an eminently viable kit for a flat-bed configuration (which I think helps for the Trukk doesn't it?).

It also strikes me that, with a little bit of kitbashing, the old tank model trick of making the back the front might make for an interesting model.

Anyone wanna spot me thirty quid so i can give it a go? :shifty:

While I agree that this thread is pretty redundant, I also agree with this. It's certainly on my list as a way to convert a new variety of Gunwagon.

Lanacane
02-04-2014, 02:00

ustjay ontday entionmay aoschay.

Hawkkf
02-04-2014, 07:37
Suddenly it dawns on me to contact my local ork player to see if I can but his hot shot volley guns off of him when he makes the inevitable conversion. Heres to hoping they arent too much larger than the one in the infantry kit.

Slowpoke
02-04-2014, 07:38
Well I think the Taurox is a nice model. I think I hear it screaming "Loot me!"

Darnok
02-04-2014, 07:52
Congratulations, you are pretty late to the party! :D

Among the very first comments on the leaked Taurox pics were people claiming how orkish the thing looks, and how easy to loot it'd be - me among them. I can only repeat myself: I consider the Taurox to be an early Ork release. It is actually a perfect start for the Big-Trakk from IA:8. I could not possibly care less about its shortcomings as an Imperial vehicle, but for my Orks I am more than happy to get another kit full of options and character. :yes:

Slowpoke
02-04-2014, 08:27
Congratulations, you are pretty late to the party! :D

They don't call me Slowpoke for nothing!

Among the very first comments on the leaked Taurox pics were people claiming how orkish the thing looks, and how easy to loot it'd be - me among them. I can only repeat myself: I consider the Taurox to be an early Ork release. It is actually a perfect start for the Big-Trakk from IA:8. I could not possibly care less about its shortcomings as an Imperial vehicle, but for my Orks I am more than happy to get another kit full of options and character. :yes:

I agree wholeheartedly! When the rumored Ork release is due we Ork players have the Taurox kit on top of all the shiny new releases ;)

Kakapo42
02-04-2014, 08:57
I reckon one of them with an open top, some added glyph plates and gubbins, and a big shoota bolted onto either side would make the perfect Blood Axe transport.

ugavine
02-04-2014, 13:01
I'm certainly getting one for my Orks. Personally I think it's a great looking model. It's a bit like an Arctic vehicle, so maybe I'll have some Orks on snowy bases to go with it.

NealSmith
02-04-2014, 14:02
My first thought on seeing it was that it looked too 21st Century and then I immediately thought of making it an Ork vehicle...

Kung Fu Hamster
02-04-2014, 14:34
People said the same thing about Centurions when they were released. Said people also changed their minds after seeing them in person.

I'm reserving judgement until after I see one in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoctorTom
02-04-2014, 15:30
It could also be converted to be a limo for a genestealer cult list. But, yes, it looks like a good candidate for looting.