PDA

View Full Version : My New Khorne mortal list. Testing.

Aekold
14-06-2006, 22:34
:evilgrin: Well what you think about this army? Some things i can improve?

The blood crusade 2000 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Bjorn Bloodhand (Chaos Lord) @ 503 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; General; Shield
Berserker Sword
Gaze of the Gods
Armour of Damnation

1 Chaos Chariot of Khorne @ [150] Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy

1 Jorg the mighty (Exalted Chaos Champion) @ 185 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Chaos Armour
Great Fang

1 Aerik the slayer (Exalted Chaos Champion) @ 144 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Great Weapon; Chaos Armour
Helm of Many Eyes
Talisman of Protection

15 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 347 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician

1 Champion @

15 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 347 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician

1 Champion @

11 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 151 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

1 Foe-Render

8 Ungors
Spear

3 Minotaurs of Khorne @ 177 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; 2ndWeapon

3 Minotaurs of Khorne @ 177 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; 2ndWeapon

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 9

Models in Army: 63

Total Army Cost: 2031

Trunks
15-06-2006, 00:41
I don't see why you have the mark of undivided on your one exalted. Since he has the mark of undivided, and all of your mortal units have the mark of khorne, he cannot join any regiments. This leaves him running around solo, without a steed or anything.

You have hard hitting stuff in your army, but the problem is that it is all frenzied. You have one support unit in the entire army. This is going to make things very hard against an experienced opponent. I would get a bunch of hound units in this army somehow, they are dirt cheap (5 for 30 points). They are very, very, useful and disposable. They will help prevent your units from being baited into charges you don't want your warriors and minotaurs to make.

I'm assuming that your Lord is in the Chariot by how your list is written out. If so, I would put a hero in the chariot instead, this spreads your points out a bit more and a hero in a khorne chariot is dangerous enough.

Frenzied chariots can be a liability since they can be forced to charge into difficult terrain which will hurt them badly. They definately hit hard, but you need to be careful. Getting the Hounds in this list to guard your chariot against things like that will be important.

I'd drop the Undivided hero completely from the list and use those points to get four units of five chaos hounds.

Aekold
15-06-2006, 01:11
hmm strange! i thought that hero was marked. hmmf well back to armybuilder.

Neknoh
15-06-2006, 06:22
No, do NOT post directly from Armybuilder onto here, go grab a calculator and sit down with Word and your Armybook instead, makes for much more good looking and less confusing lists (there is a guide at the top of this forumpart on how to post good lists).

As for the list itself, I'd deffinately give the Khornate warriors shields and then, I'd probably add another 2 warriors to each unit (1 sprew) so that you have 18 Warriors in three ranks of 6, or, I'd remove two Warriors so that you have 2 ranks of 7 you should be able tog get all of the Warriors into close combat, and that's quite a few attacks, 22 to be precise. (I'd start out by dropping 2 from each unit, I'd then have a look at how effective they are, if they don't preform well, make the units of 3 ranks and 6 wide).

I'd also drop the Chariot from your Lord as well as the armour of damnation, trust me, if something is left to actually strike at him in close combat, you have charged the wrong unit.

Put him on a Juggernaught, same offensive power, better stayingpower when it commes to cannonballs. Now, use the points that you got to buy yourself a unit of Marauder Horsemen for flanking missions, give them Flails and a Musician.

Also, redo your Gor/Ungor ratios in your herds, I know that the number of Gors and Ungors are off, but just grit your teeth and buy another box, you'll have hoards of Gors lying arround, just waiting to be experimented with on your gamingtable. So, have your Beastherds of 8gors(including champion upgrade) and 12 Ungors for a nice 20 man herd.

Your two Exalted Champions does look a bit dodgy, what I'd do would be to completely drop one of them and keep the otherone simple, Mark of Khorne and a Hallberd will deal with most things charging you without being overtly expensive, this also frees up points for a Wargor of Khorne with Greatweapon and Chaos Armour to be thrown into one of your two Beastherds, that way, you'll have one VERY killy Lord who more times than not should be able to bring down smaller ranked units by himself unless you get the rubberlance syndrome, you'll have one unit of marauder Horsemen to deal with nuiscance units and to go flank hunting. You also have a Herd for the very same task. You'll then have one combat herd and one VERY combaty unit of Chaos Warriors, marching alongside a unit of pretty combaty Chaos Warriors.

I would also consider dropping one unit of Minotaurs of Khorne in favour of a unit of Fleshhounds and a second unit of Marauder Horsemen if you could find the points, Fleshhounds works wonders for taking out enemy wizards and they make minced meat out of anything they flank, they also have the nice little habbit of chewing skirmishers into very tiny little pieces.

Now, apply at least some of these changes and I think you'll get a better list, and dude, do NOT use armybuilder!

BTW: In which part of our lovely (and currently very hot) country are you? I'm close to Lund but might be able to get to Utopia in Malmö as well if that'd suit you better