PDA

View Full Version : Ally Chart Deja Vu

OuroborosTriumphant
05-04-2014, 09:20
Is it me or have all the Imperial minidexes (that is, Knights, Inquisition, Legion of the Damned and Militarum Tempestus) had the exact same ally chart? I'm not saying it's a bad ally chart, possibly a little overly xenophilic for Knights and Tempestus and little overly xeno-hostile for the more radical Inquisitors, but it's generally OK. It just seems weird that the chart is exactly the same for all 4 minidexes with no variation.

Anyone else notice this?

MagicHat
05-04-2014, 09:32
Imperial Knights are allies of convenience with Grey Knights, while I believe Tempestus and Inquisition is Battle Brothers with them.

Sanai
05-04-2014, 09:34
I don't really see much reason for them to be different- its not like any of them have animosities towards other imperial organizations like the space wolves or dark angels do.

The Tempestus ally chart should more or less be identical to guard (except with the possible exemption of chaos forces, because the schola progenium aren't as likely to turn traitor as regular guard), and you have to account for those knights that become freeblades and hence become more or less loose cannons.

Further supplements for AM (whether they act as minidexes or supplementary dexs is guesswork) could include things like Steel Legion, which would have a different allies chart (no Steel Legion army would ever ally with orks like guard are allowed to)

Basically what I am getting at is that it is okay for the ally charts to be the same- making them be different just for the sake of being different would be a bit silly.

OuroborosTriumphant
05-04-2014, 09:36
Imperial Knights are allies of convenience with Grey Knights, while I believe Tempestus and Inquisition is Battle Brothers with them.

Huh.

Well shut my mouth.

Nevermind.