PDA

View Full Version : Does Forge World make Carapace Armor upgrades for Imperial Guard?

The Emperor
06-04-2014, 19:21
Just wondering.

Sir Didymus
06-04-2014, 19:41
Check their website, its pretty accessible :)

The Emperor
06-04-2014, 19:43
I did but couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here just in case I'm missing anything.

juxt
06-04-2014, 20:00
No they don't, although i often use the hostile environment guard as carapace veterans

laughablehat
06-04-2014, 20:08
I use scout legs

Sanai
07-04-2014, 02:58
You could use scions with regular cadian heads and lasguns or shotguns instead of the hotshots, if you dont mind the carapace armour looking a bit ornate.

The Emperor
07-04-2014, 03:55
You could use scions with regular cadian heads and lasguns or shotguns instead of the hotshots, if you dont mind the carapace armour looking a bit ornate.

I don't, but sadly the pieces don't fit together. It took some work putting the beret head on the Cadian torso, but it'd take even more work to put the Lasgun arms on the Scion torso. I really wish GW had designed the Scions so that they were more easily interchangeable with the existing Imperial Guard line, but oh well.

AndrewGPaul
07-04-2014, 09:12
What's the issue? They looked the same sizer when I compared them in the shop. Is it the joints?

The Emperor
07-04-2014, 09:30
They're not. The Scion torso is a touch wider, the flat shoulder surface is at a different angle, and the chest is more puffed out on the Scions than on a Cadian, so it's not as simple as taking the arms off the Cadians and just popping them on the Scions. I'm thinking of cutting off the power cable on the Hot-Shot Lasgun, leaving off the power pack, and maybe shortening the barrel, though. Maybe that'd work.

Sanai
07-04-2014, 09:41

Something like that then? In my crude photoshop job I cut out the power cables and the jacket/sleeve bit of the barrel, then attached the muzzle from the end of the barrel, essentially making it into a slightly short lasgun (as the big jacket/sleeved barrel part is the main difference between a hellgun and a lasgun, other than the cables/backpack)

The Emperor
07-04-2014, 09:42
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking, and did my own crude photoshop. :p

They could be further differentiated by leaving the helmets for the Scions and the berets for the Veterans.

Sanai
07-04-2014, 09:46
Wow, the lack of backpack and cables really changes the silhouette of those guys. Looks very promising.

The Emperor
07-04-2014, 09:48
Like so.

So maybe do this:

1) Cut cable off Hot-Shot Lasgun and shorten the barrel.
2) Leave off power pack.
3) Cut off antenna and light sticking out of shoulders.
4) Restrict berets to Veterans and helmets to Scions.
5) Paint in a scheme matching Imperial Guard regiment (whereas Scions have distinctive paint scheme).

Maybe that'll be enough to differentiate them?

Wow, the lack of backpack and cables really changes the silhouette of those guys. Looks very promising.

Yeah, with any luck they won't end up looking naked or like they're missing something.

Sanai
07-04-2014, 09:54
You can always add one of the Heavy Weapon squad backpacks or the backpack from the Dark Vengeance Heavy Stubber Guy- those should help to bulk out the back without protruding in the same way that the Scion backpacks do. If the model needs bulking out anywhere else, regular guard accessories tend to be good at that (Grenades, canteens, ammo pouches, etc). Those kinds of things would also help make them look like long term campaigners, while the Scions are the guys who drop in, strike, then get extracted, and hence don't carry much baggage.

Can't wait to see them made up!