PDA

View Full Version : Wow, those Imperial Knights look cool.

Rufus
07-04-2014, 06:04
Haven't posted in a while, but noticed the new Imperial knight kit. Thinking about picking one up, any feedback on the kit would be helpful...
Also tips on the most battle worthy configuration if this becomes a habit *GROANS*
-Cheers

Mini77
07-04-2014, 06:53
Fantastic kit, goes together really well. Well designed to the point that it's possible to paint all the armoured sections before assembly. Looks impressive when deployed on the table. Very, very happy with mine.

jeffersonian000
07-04-2014, 14:18
My only complaint so far is the "stiff" stance of the legs. Need to cut the knees to position the legs in a more dynamic pose. Other than that, this model is almost an action figure with rotating waist and arm joints. Very much a pleasure to build and paint. I recommend leaving the armor off at first, painting the entire endo-skeleton, paint the armor separate, and only then adding the armor. Such a gorgeous model!

SJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rufus
09-04-2014, 02:50
Thanks for the tips!

jackers
09-04-2014, 07:33
I'm almost done painting my first knight and I second leaving all the armour off to paint it. The kit is so well designed that you can literally paint it all on the sprues and then glue it together if you wanted.
They look so awesome and imposing when they are stomping around a gaming table :)

Mandragola
09-04-2014, 15:11
I definitely recommend painting the skeleton seperate from the armour pieces. I stuck the bodies and legs together, then painted the arms and armour seperately. This also meant I could spray the colourful armour bits white and the metalic skeleton black. Very quick to paint the skeleton when you just have to coat it in metal, wash, drybrush and pick out details.