PDA

View Full Version : Very casual Empire gunline (3000)

Rufus
07-04-2014, 05:37
This is just a very casual Empire gunline. I'm thinking of using it in a mighty empires league that I would be involved with hosting, with allot of new players. I just felt like sharing, but if anyone wants to comment regarding the glory of cannons, I'm all for it!

Battle Wizard Lord (Death): Level 4, Talisman of protection, Dispel Scroll
-
Witch Hunter: Brace Pistols, Ruby Ring of Ruin
-
Master Engineer: Mechanical Steed, Repeater Handgun
-
Master Engineer: Hochland
-
Master Engineer: Repeater pistol
-
20 Handgunners: Marksman, Repeater Handgun
x2 10 Spearmen detatchment
-
20 Handgunners: Marksman, Repeater Handgun
x2 10 Spearmen detatchment
-
10 Handgunners: Marksman, Repeater Handgun
-
10 Handgunners: Marksman, Repeater Handgun
-
20 Archers@Wizard Lord
-
20 Archers@Witch Hunter
-
3x Great Cannon
-
2x Mortar
-
10x Outriders
-
2x Steam Tank
-
Volley Gun

-Cheers

Moss
08-04-2014, 01:11
Your witch hunter can't scout with your huntsmen.

Rufus
08-04-2014, 01:50
May as well make the archers I guess, thanks for the tip!

CountUlrich
08-04-2014, 15:26
I dont know how you call that a casual gunline. That is a spammy list, and honestly I wouldnt play you with it. Gun lines of any sort are generally hated for a reason - it is boring as **** to play against, win or lose. Yours goes so far beyond, being entirely 100% shooty ... no thanks ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rufus
09-04-2014, 01:42
I know allot of people feel that way, but its an easy list for me to run for a month long campaign run by a friend. I'm filling out slots and lending out my Warriors of chaos Chariot list to a newbie, want to test a gunline against it. I for one don't find it boring to be humans, with guns, trying to stand against hordes of undead, or Lizardmen, without a bsb, in a high point battle and dying or holding on for dear life. To be fair, I do not expect to do well, but its about fluff and fun Cheers and thanks!

CountUlrich
09-04-2014, 18:15
Its not about being humans with guns; I play empire and vc, I have plenty of artillery depending on the list. It is building an army that rolls 400 d8ce in th3 shooting phase while bunkering back. Even if I have a list to destroy that, there is absolutely no fun in playing against it which is why people hate it.

Knifeparty
11-04-2014, 17:17
Yea, seriously.

Stay away from gun lines. This is super boring to play with and against. I think I would not play you out of principle. This is Fantasy not 40K, there's a reason 40K sucks right now.

Juicy21
13-04-2014, 15:15
mmm, sure not fun to play against.(this list sure isnt any where near fun tho.. but i think it can be good. Switch some handgunners for xbows.. try to go woodelf style with loads of 5 archers.. 4x5 archers is way better then 1x20. + ad a bsb u really need one

Gerinako
14-04-2014, 23:24
Not sure why gun lines are so negatively viewed. I love them. Caught Nuln off guard and have to face blackpowder hell. I Love it.

CountUlrich
15-04-2014, 00:00
Not sure why gun lines are so negatively viewed. I love them. Caught Nuln off guard and have to face blackpowder hell. I Love it.

Because they are boring as **** to play against ... you roll 800 dice a turn while we try to rush across the board with no tactical movement interplay at all ....

Rufus
18-04-2014, 02:47
Well, it is fun to roll a ton of dice, and I won against an Ogre list, was defeated by High Elves... Bad rolls on my end. Continuing the campaign though. Modified the list a little.