PDA

View Full Version : Common Goblins being redone?

Trunks
15-06-2006, 02:45
There is nothing in the rumor round-up about this so I thought I'd ask.

Does anyone know if any of the common goblin stuff is being redone for the O&G re-release?

I'd like to see new wolf-riders (well, really just new wolves) myself. There is a model listed in the release schedule as a goblin hero on a wolf, I'm hoping it isn't the current out-dated wolf model.

Basically, I'm intersted in starting a new army that will feature a good number of wolf riders and some common goblin units and I don't want to start purchasing them now and then see new, nicer models come out that look weird aesthetically when put next to the old ones.

Avian
15-06-2006, 10:10
Some of the preview pics feature the current Common Goblins (including wolf riders) which hints at them not being redone anytime soon.

Falkman
16-06-2006, 16:52
Strange if they don't redo the ComGobs (:p), then NGs will be much smaller than ComGobs, and that will look really weird, as they're still the same species.

Sneaky Gitz
17-06-2006, 12:56
Has anyone sat the new night gobbos next to the old ones to see if the size is really much smaller than the ones out now?

Arnizipal
17-06-2006, 13:36
As the new Night Goblins aren't released yet I think that would be pretty hard :rolleyes:

EvC
17-06-2006, 13:51
Sadly I don't think so. The goblin hero will probably come with a special uber wolf, as we know is the case with the orc hero set.

Falkman
17-06-2006, 14:09
Has anyone sat the new night gobbos next to the old ones to see if the size is really much smaller than the ones out now?
They are not much smaller than the current NGs, but they are definitely small enough for you to notice the difference on the tabletop.

Krusk
17-06-2006, 16:27
It would sort of work for them to not be identical. Night goblins are quicker than common goblins, if more cowardly/less discplined, so maybe a smaller size would justify it?

Falkman
17-06-2006, 16:28
According to the current army book they are all the same species, they just live in different places.

Stouty
17-06-2006, 19:15
I may be in the same species as the achetypal japanese man but I'm a heck of a lot taller and broader. Part of it's diet, part of it's genetics (though not as much as we once thought).

Night gobbos can still be smaller, maybe they don't get as much protein in those caves?

Gitt
11-07-2006, 15:58
Night gobbos can still be smaller, maybe they don't get as much protein in those caves?

Enough protien? They eat Squigs! Theyre walking rampaging exploding lazer-protiens! ;)

Stouty
11-07-2006, 16:26
I was under the impression that squigs did most of the eating.

But in all seriousnous (well about as serious as one can get over the relative sizes of other peoples toy soldiers. okay, that sounded creepy) I'm sure that genetics or diet could exsplain it. They are still the same species, if they really wanted to they could interbreed or whatever but they are allowed to be off different builds.