PDA

View Full Version : IronBlaster

Methios
07-04-2014, 11:51
I dont have the ogre book. But my mate is saying an Iron Blaster can grapeshot at str 10?
Is that correct?

Ironbone
07-04-2014, 12:01
Sadly, it is.

Methios
07-04-2014, 12:52
Thats pretty crazy. But its a chariot right? So it cant pivot b4 it shoots? Or do i eat a str10 grapeshot in the face no matter what angle i am /charge in?

Scammel
07-04-2014, 13:54
Thats pretty crazy. But its a chariot right? So it cant pivot b4 it shoots? Or do i eat a str10 grapeshot in the face no matter what angle i am /charge in?

As a chariot, it gets free pivot in the M phase.

Methios
07-04-2014, 14:53
But when i charge it , it doesnt get to pivot b4 its stand and shoot reaction? (like canons?)

Blkc57
07-04-2014, 15:29
But when i charge it , it doesnt get to pivot b4 its stand and shoot reaction? (like canons?)

Uh? Brother, all warmachines and most weapons that fire like a warmachine have the slow to fire rule. Cannons can not stand and shoot with grape shot and neither can the Ironblasters. Also have you guys been rolling to hit with your grape shot? It's not really a useful way to use the cannon since the Bs of most crews only let them hit on a 4+

Imperator64
08-04-2014, 17:47
My friend argues that he can move and then pivot and fire. Is this the case?

Blkc57
09-04-2014, 05:39
My friend argues that he can move and then pivot and fire. Is this the case?

It fires like a warmachine (in this case a cannon) so many consider this acceptable to grant the pivot rule before the shot. Its the same reasoning that allows a Hellcannon to pivot before it fires and other warmachine weapons. Some argue against it, but most I've seen have allowed the pivot.

Senor
09-04-2014, 12:11
Some do count the move/ pivot as a modifier on the shooting/BS scale, and another modifier, when it is more then 6" away of the Ironblaster as the grapeshot is for 12" max.

IE... -2 modifier on the to hit chart in most of the cases.

Necronartum
09-04-2014, 12:49
It fires like a warmachine (in this case a cannon) so many consider this acceptable to grant the pivot rule before the shot. Its the same reasoning that allows a Hellcannon to pivot before it fires and other warmachine weapons. Some argue against it, but most I've seen have allowed the pivot.

I was under the impression that the Hellcannon could not pivot and fire because:

a) It is a monster
b) A monster that moves (even pivoting) counts as having moved.
c) Stone Throwers are Slow to Fire.

That is the way we have been playing it for a long time. I am welcome to corrections with supporting rules, especially seen as a player is about to start using an Ironblaster in our next game.

theunwantedbeing
09-04-2014, 12:56
War machines can pivot before firing (infact they're supposed to).
I can't access to FAQ currently so I don't know if they altered that sentence to "war machine weapons" or not.

Without the FAQ, you can't pivot a chariot with a war machine weapon on it before shooting.
You can of course just pivot in the movement phase to aim at what you want to shoot in the shooting phase though.

Really war machines should have been given square bases like everyone else and not been allowed to pivot before shooting and these issues would never come up.
Just make a pivot in the movement phase not count as actually moving and all the issues go away.

furrie
09-04-2014, 13:30
I was under the impression that the Hellcannon could not pivot and fire because:

a) It is a monster
b) A monster that moves (even pivoting) counts as having moved.
c) Stone Throwers are Slow to Fire.

That is the way we have been playing it for a long time. I am welcome to corrections with supporting rules, especially seen as a player is about to start using an Ironblaster in our next game.

Warmachine have the slow to fire rule, not the warmachine weapons

Senor
11-04-2014, 18:50
So, are you saying that the ironblaster can stand and shoot?

furrie
11-04-2014, 19:44
I believe that was FAQ'ed to not allow it, but I can't check it.

Blkc57
11-04-2014, 22:23
I believe that was FAQ'ed to not allow it, but I can't check it.

Its in the main rulebook it was errata'd but now the errata are sadly lost to history. If you have the electronic version however you can find the correct passage on page 204 of the BRB under Shooting with War Machines. "Unless specified otherwise all weapons in this section (and all other weapons mounted on war machines) have the Move or Fire and Slow to Fire special rules." So warmachine weapons and things that shoot like a warmachine like those on an Ironblaster all follow the basic shooting rules of warmachines, however the Ironblaster does have a special rule that allows it to Move and Fire.