PDA

View Full Version : Runemaw banner, arcane unforging and multiple characters

Yowzo
08-04-2014, 10:50
This scenario came up on a game next to mine's last weekend.

A HE player cast arcane unforging on a BSB carrying the runemaw banner (hoping to blow the banner).

Predictably a 2+ was rolled, so the HE player chose to redirect to a slaughtermaster within the unit, another 2+ was rolled so he targeted a firebelly on the same unit, then another 2+ was rolled.

The HE player wanted to target the bruiser BSB again since he kept choosing legal targets, the OK player protested and even though we could not find nothing specific in the runemaw rules that prevented him from targeting the bruiser again in the end they played it as they could not choose a target they had tried to target before.

How would you have played it?

furrie
08-04-2014, 13:55
I would say the HE player couldn't target a character in the same unit, because you need to choose a different unit. So in this case all the chars are part of the same unit and thus are the same unit.

Micalovits
08-04-2014, 14:12
The banner doesn't seem to specify against another character in the same unit, it does however say the following "If no other target is available(because no other target is in range or ALL ELIGIBLE UNITS HAVE ALREADY BEEN TARGETED...)"
To me, that seems to mean that you can indeed bounce it between characters in a unit, but never try to affect the same target more than once.

Senor
11-04-2014, 13:58
Bu the character the HE targeted was in a unit. So now he already made a history with that unit... meaning he cannot target a 2nd character of that very same unit.

Figment187
14-04-2014, 01:22
The spell Arcane Unforging targets characters in a unit. Characters in a unit count as being the unit. The Runemaw Banner redirects said spell to another unit if one is in range or it is wasted, therefore you cannot start picking out characters in the unit that the banner bounced it away from originally. If someone re-targeted the same unit after it was deflected or started picking out characters in the original unit then they were cheating.

Danny76
15-04-2014, 23:07
The banner doesn't seem to specify against another character in the same unit, it does however say the following "If no other target is available(because no other target is in range or ALL ELIGIBLE UNITS HAVE ALREADY BEEN TARGETED...)"
To me, that seems to mean that you can indeed bounce it between characters in a unit, but never try to affect the same target more than once.

No, as it says eligible unit, not model.
It is as Figment says