PDA

View Full Version : Custom 12mm Space wolf dice?

ilovelamp55
09-04-2014, 02:13
Not sure if this is the place to post this but here goes. I've been looking for a while now but thus far have been unable to find anywhere that makes custom 12mm dice. Me, my brother and father are all wanting dice made for our Space Wolf, Tau and Dark Angels armies respectively with the 1 pip substituted for our army's logo. Does anyone here know of a place that does such small custom dice? I know lots of places do 16mm dice but for me they are just too unwieldy when rolling more than a few.
P.s. If this isnt the right section to post this in let me know and ill move it.

Marshal
09-04-2014, 02:43
I've yet to find anyone myself who does 12mm custom dice in general. I've looked into it heavily in the past though that might have changed in the last while that I'm unaware of.

mightymconeshot
09-04-2014, 03:45
Try chessex dice. It won't be cheap but they probably be able to do anything you want. I own some of their dice and they are pretty nice ones.

AndrewGPaul
09-04-2014, 08:28
www.dice.co.uk do custom dice in the UK (funnily enough). Any of these companies might have issues with doing dice with GW imagery on them, if they recognise the symbol. :)

Marshal
10-04-2014, 02:01
The problem is that neither of those companies do custom images on 12mm dice. They all do the larger 16mm dice which are the typical ones from board games, but not the 12mm dice that are typically associated with GW dice.

ilovelamp55
11-04-2014, 03:37
Exactly Marshal, the only place ive found was on a random website called alibaba, listing a bunch of companies in China with adverts in badly written english and no feedback so I dont think I'll be trusting them anytime soon.

mightymconeshot
11-04-2014, 03:53
Well chessex says that is the pricing for 16mm. It doesn't say they don't do 12 km dice, but it doesn't say they do. A quick email or phone call could sort it out and if they would be willing to do 40k logos as well.

ilovelamp55
11-04-2014, 03:59
I checked with them a while back and they didn't do 12mm but it might be worth checking again. As for the 40k logos it wouldn't be that hard to change them slightly to avoid copyright issues, since im a space wolf guy a simple wolf head logo would be ok for me. Besides isnt it ok to use the images as long as im not making a profit from them or would it be the company that sold me the dice that would ultimately get in trouble?

Sanai
11-04-2014, 04:07
I have seen a fair few companies sell larger dice with the wolf/moon logo, and even the various chaos logos, so I don't think copyright is much of a problem.

What you COULD try doing if you cannot find a company to make dice for you, is find dice that are completely flat on all sides but still look nice (i.e., ones that have the numbers printed on rather than indented) and put a small space wolves transfer on the side you want it on. I am not sure how much that would affect the dice rolling though, and I certainly wouldn't use them at tournaments.

Other than that, you might have to just settle for getting nice dice (chessex are a good option) that are a colour suited to each army- for my Alpha Legion I used Games Workshops green Nurgle Dice, and for other armies I plan on using dice to match the army colours (dark red for blood angels, black for Dark Angels, Bone coloured for Vampire Counts, etc)

Marshal
11-04-2014, 13:39
I checked with them a while back and they didn't do 12mm but it might be worth checking again. As for the 40k logos it wouldn't be that hard to change them slightly to avoid copyright issues, since im a space wolf guy a simple wolf head logo would be ok for me. Besides isnt it ok to use the images as long as im not making a profit from them or would it be the company that sold me the dice that would ultimately get in trouble?

Their up to date ordering magazine says 16mm, 18mm and 20mm dice only for custom ones with special 16mm ones that can be done on all sides.