PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Cult of Pleasure

morgy
15-06-2006, 07:20
I am starting to build a CoS list and am seeking opinions on this build....I am keeping the Anointed on foot becasue of my conversion which I really like

Anointed-GW+QB+Heart-stoneplus Tome of Furion and 2 magic levels
Sorceress- 2 dispel scrolls 2nd level
Sorceress- 2 disp scrolls 2nd level (magic heavy armies are common here so i needs protection)

12 devoted with full command and banner of slaughter
12 dameonettes
12 daemonettes
6 shades
6 shades
19 warriors with full command and mark of slaanesh and shields (anointed goes in here)
6 mounted daemonettes
6 mounted daemonettes
2 fiends of slaanesh

basic idea is the warriors form a armoured centre while the daemonettes and devoted flank them....shades and mounted daemonettes hunt mages and war machines while the fiends are used to bog down units with a view to maybe getting flank charges from any of the other units

darghan
18-06-2006, 01:29
Your army seems a little slow for a CoS list, especially with your stated intent for your mounted deamonettes. They strike a little too hard to throw them away on magehunting. consider including a unit of Dark Riders for that task. With their range and hard hitting attacks I find that deamonettes are perfect to flank charge in the same turn that one of your infantry units charges from the front. If you wait for another infantry unit to do so, or hope for a spawn to fullfill this role you will find that you are too slow.

CoS, because of their relative few numbers, need to strike quick and decisively. Wars of attrition you are sure to lose in most cases. Spawn are also nice units for redirecting charges, and possibly pinning the enemy, all set up for a countercharge.

god octo
21-06-2006, 19:17
if you need magic defense,i personally think that you should drop a scroll and give one mage the icon of Khain (sorry, i dont have my book with me), the item that gives you +1 dispell dice. That would give you at leasts 6 dispell dice and three scrolls.

Aekold
25-06-2006, 22:51
is the Storm of chaos lists still viable? i thougtht they banned them..hmm maybe ill start an army whit them then...hmmff

DirtJumper
26-06-2006, 12:40
The aren't legal in the UK, I know that. I'm not sure about the rest of Europe though. I know that they are legal for Canada and the US.