PDA

View Full Version : What wiuld I chose for a new HH army???

Asdrubael108
10-04-2014, 12:41
Hello peoples of the internets!!!

This is a bit of a personall thing I'd like to share with you guys:

Some of you might know I have a SoH army, but I'm looking to start a new HH army!!

Now Is my question to you: What army would you like me to do??? Please vote so I can see what you guys prefer!

Have a nice day,
Asdrubael

And if you really want me to do another legion: Post it in the comments below!!!

Send from my weird ear build-in telepathy phone

Importman
10-04-2014, 14:44
Adeptus Mechanicus

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

superdupermatt
10-04-2014, 17:48
Alpha Legion. Alpha Legion. Alpha Legion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Inquisitor Engel
10-04-2014, 18:01
I'd wait to see some of the models Forge World puts out for those legions. (Some we've seen already)

Thousand Sons I would ignore completely if you're planning to start soon, since... Well, it's going to be a while.

The advantage to the Imperial Fists is that they're most easily transferred to normal 40k games. Iron Warriors would largely be in the same boat (except their signature terminator unit).

Asdrubael108
10-04-2014, 18:29
I can wait so that wouldn't be a problem! I think I will do thousand sons when the rules come out! For the time inbetween I'll probally keep on adding on my SoH and dark mechanicus!!! Thanks for all your input guys! (Maybe some Alpha legion inbetween when I get bored! I already have my own Alpharius and a spartan ready!!!)

Sir Didymus
11-04-2014, 06:41
Rainbow Warriors

Sanai
11-04-2014, 06:42
I would prefer that you do an army that you yourself are passionate about and choose for your own personal reasons.

Still Standing
11-04-2014, 09:59
Well I have Thousand Sons and Mechanicum, so my bias is clearly there.

Asdrubael108
11-04-2014, 15:22
AAAARGHHHH!!!! Still don't know what to chose!!! Let's go thousand sons for the time being!!!:D

Surgency
11-04-2014, 15:47
Raven Guard

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Atia
11-04-2014, 17:21
The problem with Thousand Sons: You don't know rules/paint scheme until forgeworld brings out Prospero, witch is delayed ;/. Would go with Alpha Legion (Horus Heresy part III comes in a few weeks, there's some nice stuff about alpha legion, including markings and chapter colouration)

Slayer-Fan123
11-04-2014, 19:10
Iron Warriors fo those new Terminators alone.

Asdrubael108
11-04-2014, 19:25
The problem with Thousand Sons: You don't know rules/paint scheme until forgeworld brings out Prospero, witch is delayed ;/. Would go with Alpha Legion (Horus Heresy part III comes in a few weeks, there's some nice stuff about alpha legion, including markings and chapter colouration)

Don't know about you: But we already have over 20 years of fluff surounding the thousand sons! we already know the markings/colourschemes and sh;t! Only the rules will be a problem! I'll do thousand sons but will use a fairly 'vanilla' army list so I know I can use it when the rules come out!!!

DoctorTom
11-04-2014, 19:31
I'd think you'd want to wait to see the specific things Thousand Sons gets before going with them. Given the delays that are being talked about for them, though, you'd be able to do another army then do Thousand Sons later when they finally appear in an HH rulebook. In the meantime do something like Iron Warriors and slip in what Mechanicus stuff you can.

Asdrubael108
11-04-2014, 19:34
I'll do some mech in the time for the new book now you say so... Maybe... I'll see! I'll do: Thousand sons with mech allies and Imp guard for 40k as pire guard!

Atia
11-04-2014, 22:07
Jeah the problem is, forgeworld mentions at the open day that the old artworks (f. e. white shoulderpads) aren't up to date. Also, they are far far away from the classic legion crusade army list (at least psyker-sergeants) and use special breastplates (with the scarab on them).

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Thousand_Sons?file=TS_Astartes_Mark_II.jpg

this would be the best reference for them atm.

Still Standing
12-04-2014, 10:42
Most of the elements within the army list are generic to all legions. The only unit in the list which they might not have access to are Destroyers, but even then, why not? I can field about 8,000 points of Legiones Astartes Thousand Sons, including units like mk 2 Assault Marines, mk 3 Breachers, close combat orientated Tartarus Terminators. No reason not to, they were an entire legion. My guys also have white shoulder pads. I personally think it looks better and differentiates them from Blood Angels. Go wild and field whatever you think is awesome.

Inquisitor Engel
12-04-2014, 15:31
Most of the elements within the army list are generic to all legions.

Tell that to the Alpha Legion. ;)

anselminus
12-04-2014, 15:39
Alpha Legion without hesitation chapter is so vicious!

Sanai
12-04-2014, 15:52
Alpha Legion without hesitation chapter is so vicious!

I wouldn't say vicious- thats more the Sons of Horus or World Eaters thing. The Alpha Legion are more.... open-minded, sneaky, duplicitous, brilliant, intelligent, etc.

anselminus
12-04-2014, 15:53
I wouldn't say vicious- thats more the Sons of Horus or World Eaters thing. The Alpha Legion are more.... open-minded, sneaky, duplicitous, brilliant, intelligent, etc.

True! yu have a better description than me ;)

Inquisitor Engel
12-04-2014, 21:58

Their background in HH3 is actually very vicious, in a "shock and awe" sort of way. They do all of their sneaky intelligence stuff before the battle, then apply tons of different tactics and attacks all over the enemy lines, then apply overwhelming force to take the enemy, often sowing discord and creating chaos for its own sake. It's a really nice compromise between 3rd Edition Index Astartes Alpha Legion background and the modern "Legion" stuff.

HH3 is all kinds of awesome. I though I was pleased with the Legions we saw in HH2 but man... The Fists and Alpha Legion stuff is perfect.