PDA

View Full Version : BA codex

Bloodangeldante
11-04-2014, 01:54
Anyone know when the next one is coming out, or hints or rumors

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hobojebus
11-04-2014, 02:08
After space wolves if there is any justice in the cosmos.

After ig we get da orks, then there are five armies in need of a codex SW BA GK Necrons and DE but we have no idea on order.

Voss
11-04-2014, 02:09
Nope. Probably a few away, likely after wolves and orks.

If we're really lucky, they'll just get soaked into the general SM codex like Black Templar.

Azazyll
11-04-2014, 03:28
Some on BoLS believe after Orks, but other than a rumored new starter set featuring Orks and BA supposedly coming out between the two releases in September, there's no corroboration, and certainly none from reputable rumormongers.

Sanai
11-04-2014, 03:35
If we're really lucky, they'll just get soaked into the general SM codex like Black Templar.

How is that luck? The Blood Angels are a very popular army that is very distinct from regular space marines- it has a great many unique units and characters, while the black templar were just space marines with an Emperor's Champion (which regular marines eventually got in the form of the company champion), special land raiders (with regular marines eventually got), and funny looking mixed scout/marine squads.

On the mixed starter set- that rumour was said to be false by other more reputable sources (not to mention the lineup of units in the supposed starter set was completely unrealistic and made no sense).

I would say Orks, followed by SW, BA and GK, then finally Necrons & DE (as Necrons/DE came out practically just before 6th, and already had certain features in them designed to fit in with 6th)

mightymconeshot
11-04-2014, 03:55
Don't forget the sisters. They are still waiting...maybe.

Sir Didymus
11-04-2014, 05:14
Looking at history, it won't be before 8th edition :)

Mini77
11-04-2014, 05:25
To be fair, I think aside from some costing issues, the Blood Angels book is still decent. As much as I hate to admit it Space Wolves really need redoing first. :p

Sanai
11-04-2014, 06:00
To be fair, I think aside from some costing issues, the Blood Angels book is still decent. As much as I hate to admit it Space Wolves really need redoing first. :p

IG and SW both needed/need redoing, if just to put away two of the books that for a certain period of time did a lot of damage to the balance of power in competitive gameplay, even if it was back in 5th edition.

MajorWesJanson
11-04-2014, 06:06
IG and SW both needed/need redoing, if just to put away two of the books that for a certain period of time did a lot of damage to the balance of power in competitive gameplay, even if it was back in 5th edition.

IG is coming out in like 12 hours. Orks are the oldest book next, then Space Wolves are out of step with modern psychic power mechanics and fliers.

Sanai
11-04-2014, 06:27
IG is coming out in like 12 hours.

Hence me saying needed/need instead of need (one needed redoing, one still needs redoing)

edit: though I do agree that Orks are badly in need of love.

Darnok
11-04-2014, 06:28
Blood Angels are currently not on my radar. Which does not really mean a lot, other than "they are not among the next few releases". They could be as close as late 2014, or come along somewhere in 2015. I'm not aware of any rumours regarding their release date.

P.S.: For those unaware of the current rumoured lineup: it's Wood Elves in May, 40K 7th edition in June, and 40K Orks in June/July. After that it gets misty.

hobojebus
11-04-2014, 11:30
Don't forget the sisters. They are still waiting...maybe.

Hate to break this to you but you've had your 6th ed codex, much as I'd like to see plastic sisters I doubt the bean counters will risk it unless the financials improve.

duffybear1988
11-04-2014, 11:35

As much as my Wolves need an update I'm afraid of what GW will do to them. The SW internal balance is already shockingly bad and with GW most things only get worse or remain the same.

MajorWesJanson
11-04-2014, 11:46
As much as my Wolves need an update I'm afraid of what GW will do to them. The SW internal balance is already shockingly bad and with GW most things only get worse or remain the same.

I'd honestly say give it to Cruddace, as he did quite well with the vanilla SM book.
Don't give it to Kelly to redo, or we will end up with another 6th Edition Eldar book.

Sanai
11-04-2014, 12:11
I'd honestly say give it to Cruddace, as he did quite well with the vanilla SM book.

Yes, lets give it to the guy who wrote the really weak 5th ed tyranids, and the book that gave us leafblower (5th ed IG).

Because thats really going to help stop Space Wolves being abusively unbalanced like they were before.

MajorWesJanson
11-04-2014, 13:13
Yes, lets give it to the guy who wrote the really weak 5th ed tyranids, and the book that gave us leafblower (5th ed IG).

Because thats really going to help stop Space Wolves being abusively unbalanced like they were before.

Kelly gave us Helldrakes and Serpeantspam, and his two books combined give us the Eldar/Dark Eldar 2++ beast circus.

Ward people rant on because of his fluff.

Vetock gave us DA and Tau, both a bit far from the median but not terribly so.

At least Cruddace did quite well for the Codex: SM book, which the Space Wolf book will probably be 2/3 the same as.

Swordsman
11-04-2014, 22:21
Kelly gave us Helldrakes and Serpeantspam, and his two books combined give us the Eldar/Dark Eldar 2++ beast circus.

I'm also afraid of him getting his hands on one of his admitted 'fan boy' armies. He seems to have difficulty not .. overdoing .. for his favored factions.

Vetock gave us DA and Tau, both a bit far from the median but not terribly so.

I think he shows immense promise, if he wasn't in an arms race against the likes of Kelly and Ward.

hobojebus
12-04-2014, 01:19
Da looked good until tau and eldar came out, it's not an issue with the DA codex it's just it was fairly well balanced and the next few codexes were not.

What I really want from the next SW dex is the ability to use more than three unit types, I run a ragnar themed army and currently I can't use him or bloodclaws as including them is an auto loss, I have a unique model made by warlordbob that sits on a shelf begging to be used but I can't get him into combat he and his squad disappear as soon as they exit a drop pod or rhino.

I have models for every slot in my codex but they are stuck in a box on my shelf and it frustrates me no end.