PDA

View Full Version : Forge world Great Unclean one and using him as a Great Unclean One?

Xaric
12-04-2014, 01:41
Ok so I just got this model and I must say I have fallen in love with it but I have a question can I use him instead of the GW greater unclean one the reason is not because I want to brake rules its just well greater daemons by GW don't feel all that great. The detail is spot on but they feel underwhelming next to a daemon prince who is technical meant to be a underling to something like the great unclean one.

Now when I look at the FW one it feels like "yes that's how a greater daemon is meant to look like join papa nurgles loving embrace" anyone else ever looked at the greater daemons like this and think the same thing?

Okay back on topic would it be braking the rules due to his size? Or would it just be a disadvantage to me because if so I don't care if it gives the person I am facing a upper hand still going to look awesome. :D

Sexiest_hero
12-04-2014, 05:54
you could run him as ku'gath or as a normal GD. he'll be easier to hit for the enemy and nobody will turn that down.

furrie
12-04-2014, 07:49
I use the forgeworld keeper of secrets as a normal keeper of secrets and I havn't got any complains, even in my local GW there is no problem with it.

Xaric
12-04-2014, 09:27
Thats good to hear when i picture a great unclean one first thing that comes to mind is big bloated rotting body with a giant grin :)

reddevil18
18-04-2014, 02:06
I forget the forge-world model isn't the official GW one. but after looking at the GW one i know why.

Metacarpi
22-04-2014, 11:51
I doubt you'd run into any problems with this - running him as a GUO means you're getting the same rules on a much, much bigger model, which means he's more vulnerable to templates, more difficult to hide behind cover, and more enemy troops can get into base contact with him.

Being as all those things are negatives, I don't thin anyone would have a problem with it! :p

Also, he's a fantastic model, and as far as I'm concerned that's the important thing! :)

Iron_Lord
24-04-2014, 23:39
There's also Storm of Magic, for rules for "Exalted Greater Daemons" if you want to field both it and the "normal" model, and distinguish them.

liddan
25-04-2014, 10:34
I think that the big base will work at your disadvantage most of the time. If an opponent claims that he would get an advantage if it was on it's regular base size then let him have that one. Problem solved.

Stuff like his inspiring presence you would probably have to shave a few inches off on since you shouldn't get 18' from that massive base.

zunjinto
25-04-2014, 12:55
Im using him on the standard greater daemon base. Works with some good basing. His easly my centerpiece

Lorcryst
28-04-2014, 11:52
That huge thing fits on a 50x50 mm base ?

May I plead for a picture, please, so I can see how that works ?

theunwantedbeing
28-04-2014, 12:08
Im using him on the standard greater daemon base. Works with some good basing. His easly my centerpiece

Yeah lets see what magic you worked to get that giant blob of a model to fit on a base that is much too small for him.

Artinam
28-04-2014, 12:15
I have no problems facing that great model :). I doubt anyone in my group would.

furrie
28-04-2014, 13:40
Yeah lets see what magic you worked to get that giant blob of a model to fit on a base that is much too small for him.

I'm also quite curious about how you got him on a 50X50 base, I know the fw kos fits on one, but looking on the fw site, the guo looks alot wider then the kos

SanDiegoSurrealist
29-04-2014, 01:23
as long as he is on a minimum of a 50x50 nothing says base can not be bigger.

Invincible Sword Goddess
29-04-2014, 03:11
as long as he is on a minimum of a 50x50 nothing says base can not be bigger.

I am pretty sure the rules don't mention base size at all. But in my experience most players and TOs are very strict about it and will at the very least chew you out or give you dirty looks over it if they allow you to play with them at all.

Evil Hypnotist
02-05-2014, 07:47
I have run into this issue recently, as others have said above you are at a disadvantage from the bigger chariot base (100mm x 50mm) that FW suggests you use for the Exalted GUO so your opponents shouldn't have an issue. To be honest, I actually found a chariot base to too small aswell. My way to get round using the model as a normal GUO was to build a rock 'spire' out of cork which starts off at 50mm wide from the middle of a chariot base and gets progressively wider as it get's higher. I now can use him as both a normal and an exalted as long as I point out what I have done to my opponent before we start playing (this then avoid unpleasant situations where they think they have got a charge in when they actually haven't). Here is what I mean:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/TheOriginalEvilHypnotist/Warhammer/Daemons%20of%20Nurgle/DSC_0118_zps7zmli5ff.jpg (http://s35.photobucket.com/user/TheOriginalEvilHypnotist/media/Warhammer/Daemons%20of%20Nurgle/DSC_0118_zps7zmli5ff.jpg.html)

And if you find yourself playing someone who really has an issue with it then pull out a 50mmx50mm base and just replace him with that for combat rounds.

ndphoto
05-05-2014, 17:17
Now that sounds like a plan (building up a spire). I joined this forum as I have a fledgling nurgle fantasy army to which I'd like to add a forge world bloodthirster (of all things!) because the model is just so amazing. Can't find any rules that state I can't have a bloodthirster leading a nurgle army, even though it's a bit odd, I was really just worried about the practicalities of fielding such a huge model.

Sent from father nurgles garden

ndphoto
05-05-2014, 17:18
Also curious if there's anything to stop me having a herald of nurgle AND epidemus in the same unit of plague bearers, can anyone help?

furrie
05-05-2014, 19:25
You can have a bloodthirster as army general for a nurgle army(technically it wont be a nurgle army), but nurgle daemons can't use the leadership of khorne deamons. And there is nothing stopping you from putting a herald of nurgle and epidemus in the same unit

ndphoto
05-05-2014, 19:31
You can have a bloodthirster as army general for a nurgle army(technically it wont be a nurgle army), but nurgle daemons can't use the leadership of khorne deamons. And there is nothing stopping you from putting a herald of nurgle and epidemus in the same unit

Smashing, thanks for the clarifying furrie. I think I'm willing to sacrifice the leadership for the awesomeness of the bloodthirster!

ndphoto
05-05-2014, 19:32
Now just need to save up the 144 needed to buy him :-[