PDA

View Full Version : Between Grungni and the Rhun...

Fupduck
15-04-2014, 15:35
A lot, and that is a lot, of Dwarfish armylists run the following BSB set-up: Thane - Shield, BSB, MRoGrungni @153pts. Neverthless, for a fairly similar price, you can run: Thane - GW, 75pts Tanking Runes (Rune of Iron, Rune of Stone and so on), BSB. @171pts. There is a fair difference between the two, but it isn't bank-busting, and the latter Thane set-up provides a harder hitting, and better tanking, BSB at the cost of losing your 6" 5++ anti-shooting bubble. So, what is it that we think? Do we want Grungni or do we want the better Thane?

Just an idea that came to mind.

Targ Ironfist
15-04-2014, 16:15
I am torn on the issue. I use the thane as I need to vanguard another unit, so need the strollaz on a BSB. In such a constelation, there is no other choice to make the BSB survivable than to give him the Master Rhun of Grungni.

I am looking forwards to other opinions, though.

With regards

russellmoo
16-04-2014, 05:33
I went with the grungni build since it allows some nice stacking with magic resistance and units containing runesmiths- all of which I feel are necessary since our abilities to counter magic have been diminished.

If you are seeing armies that are lighter on magic, another BSB build is perfectly viable.

The other consideration is the type of dwarf throng you are running, if you are flooding the board with warriors and warmachines- as Fupduck seems to be doing the MR Grungni is not very important, but if you are relying on Hammerers, or if you want to bring Slayers the MR Grungni is a very good buy as it is highly likely that an opponent is going to want to chuck a few magic missiles at such units-

Mutter
16-04-2014, 09:30
I am torn on the issue. I use the thane as I need to vanguard another unit, so need the strollaz on a BSB. In such a constelation, there is no other choice to make the BSB survivable than to give him the Master Rhun of Grungni.

Same here, but I need another two RoSlowness. So no alternative to Grungni.