PDA

View Full Version : WOC 2500 - no caster

Korpacz
18-04-2014, 01:17
The list comes out to 2487. What to spend the rest of the points on?

Chaos Lord
+ Crown of Command
+ Armour of Destiny
+ Obsidian Trinket
+ Third Eye of Tzeentch
+ Soul Feeder
+ Scaled Skin
+ Disc of Tzeentch
+ great weapon
+ shield
+ Mark of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero
+ Talisman of Preservation
+ Charmed Shield
+ Disc of Tzeentch
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ great weapon
+ Battle Standard

5 Chaos Warhounds - Vanguard
Chaos Chariot - Mark of Slaanesh

Chimera - Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh
Chimera - Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

4 Skullcrushers of Khorne
+ musician
+ standard bearer
+ Banner of Swiftness
+ ensorcelled weapons
3 Skullcrushers of Khorne
+ musician
+ standard bearer
+ Banner of Eternal Flame
+ lances

SSquirrel
18-04-2014, 18:42
Stick poison on 2 of the dog packs? Seems pretty solid for non caster

Drachen_Jager
18-04-2014, 21:55
So your lord's armor gives him a 3+ ward save, and you think you need the 3 MR from the Obsidian Trinket?

Unless you're putting him in one of the skullcrusher units, I don't understand why. Seems like a huge waste of points.

I don't really see the point in Banner of Eternal Flame either, unless you're really worried about regen. Banner of Rage might work better (as per a recent discussion, it gives your Juggers an extra attack, which would mean an extra 4 Str 6 attacks on the charge).

Wall of chariots might be effective. I've only ever tried one or two in a list and found they're pretty unreliable, mind you, it does force your opponent to decide between shooting the Skullcrushers or the chariots.

Korpacz
18-04-2014, 22:38
Obsidian Trinket is MR1 so he has 2++ ward against magic, rerolling 1's. and if the bsb joins him he also gets a 2++ against magic.

Drachen_Jager
19-04-2014, 03:37
Okay, yep, I got mixed up on my Obsidians.

Still, it seems excessive. Don't most people assume you're taking Tzeench for the stacking wardsave? Do you play open lists or hidden magic, or what? 'Cause I wouldn't waste magic on these guys. Even if I didn't know how well warded you were against magic, I'd probably be gunning for the chariots and skullcrushers. Get rid of those and the characters aren't a very big threat.

Korpacz
19-04-2014, 04:00
Two reasons I like the MR1 trinket.

1. It's cheap and fits in nicely with the crown of command and armor of destiny. I'm not sure what else to put in there for those 15 or so points
2. The lord is the linchpin of the army. He plays an incredibly important role holding up anything I can't deal with, snowballing into warmachines or simply pinning down a flank or unit until I'm ready to deal with it. If he dies, I'm in big trouble, especially with 2x LD5 chimera. Long story short: he needs to live, so spending that small sum of points to give him what is essentially a 2++ re-rollable ward save against any magic dmg seems like a good investment.

Having said all that, please keep in mind I posted here for feedback, so please don't hesitate to comment or criticize.

Ikhoornix
24-04-2014, 07:12
I was under the impression that the Mark of Tzeench cannot be used to bring a Ward save below 3+ in any combination. In order to get your 2++ against magic, you would need a MR2 item.

Ossirian
07-05-2014, 09:37
Whilst the list seems nice enough I think that you will be in need of some magic eventually.

Wonder if anyone could send me a link to this discussion mentioned regarding the juggernaughts extra attack? I'm interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk