PDA

View Full Version : Do spells like cracks call use a template?

SkavenJB
24-04-2014, 01:36
The spell says "A crack appears in the ground and runs for 4D6 in a straight line. Any models must take an initiative test or leap out of the way. etc."

The way I have been doing this is turning my tape measure on its side and having the spell hit whoever is under that thin line. I have heard that you use a template in a straight line as well. Is the way I said correct or is the width of the line the size of the small round template?

Wargamejunkie
24-04-2014, 02:30
The way you do it is common. Treat the distance as if it was a cannonball bounce. The template remark comes, if I had to guess the discussion, from the fact you will get a Look Out Sir.

Ramius4
24-04-2014, 02:32
The way you do it is common. Treat the distance as if it was a cannonball bounce. The template remark comes, if I had to guess the discussion, from the fact you will get a Look Out Sir.

This. Words and stuff.

Wilhelm das Blutige
28-04-2014, 14:06
Yes. A straight line (such as from a cannonball) is treated as a template, so Look Out Sirs! apply in most cases.

The Island of Blood set comes with the three standard templates (small fireball, large fireball and flame/breath attack) and two long red straight line templates (okay they're a bit on the thick side) which can also be used as measuring sticks until you get a tape measure.:)