PDA

View Full Version : Mutliple heroes in plague furnace unit / Rules for unbreakable.

SkavenJB
25-04-2014, 05:01
I am going to be running a plague priest on a plague furnace accompanied by a unit of plague monks. The plague furnace makes the whole unit unbreakable. Now I want to add an extra plague priest to that unit but the rules for unbreakable say characters that aren't unbreakable can't join the unit etc. The first priest can join the unit because the furnace is his mount, but I'm guessing this means the second can't join because the unit is unbreakable.

UNBREAKABLE:
A unit composed entirely of Unbreakable models is Immune to Psychology and passes Break tests automatically, no matter the odds!
Characters that are not themselves Unbreakable are not permitted to join units that are (even if a character was to become temporarily Unbreakable for some reason, because of a spell or suchlike).

Ramius4
25-04-2014, 06:56
I'm not sure of the answer on this one. There's two places I'd look though.

The Skaven FAQ
Check the rules for the Plague Furnace itself. It might specify whether or not a character can join its unit.

Blkc57
25-04-2014, 07:13
Q: Can I join characters to the units with the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace? (p43 & p48)
A: At deployment, characters can be deployed in the pushing unit and will become Unbreakable, but cannot leave the unit as long as the Bell/Furnace is still there. Once the game is started, no characters can join the unit. In addition, with the Plague Furnace only characters that belong to Clan Pestilens may join the unit.

As per the Skaven FAQ I just quoted: You can deploy a character into the unit, but once its there it stuck there till the Furance is dead, as you can't have him join or leave after the game has already begun.

EDIT: Also you can't put a chieftain or BSB into the unit with a Plague Furance as they are technically not members of Clan Pestilens. Neither can you put Assassins in there.

Malagor
25-04-2014, 07:14
There is a extremely dumb idea among some 40k players that the order you do things matter.
So if you place the priest in the unit before you place the furnace, the priest hasn't joined a unit that is unbreakable.

SkavenJB
25-04-2014, 21:14
I'm just going to say I can do it haha. Thanks for the help guys!