PDA

View Full Version : About Warhammer rumors.

KariP
29-04-2014, 20:30
Hi!

I dont really come here often, but I noticed couple of years ago how rumors were flowing about Warhammer releases, I remember Harry and Hastling often hinting something. ( Why did they know more than others btw? ) But now they are complietly quiet. I noticed Faeit and 40k Radio often said many things, but now they seem to be very quiet too.
I just want to know, is GW focusing on letting rumors not spread out more and more than before? If so why?

I also want to ask, what people think is the next release and when. :cheese:

Infern0
29-04-2014, 20:58
Well, many people claim leaks to be non-accidental. Can`t answer most of your questions...
But about the rumormongers- many of them (like H and H) stopped delivering info, as they "lost intrest and don`t want anything from GW, so why bother"(hastings anyway, not sure about Harry). 40kradio stopped just recently, as they decided to quit denying GW opportunity to tell people the news themselves. As for Faeit - you shouldn`t bother reading his wishlisting anyway, and it seems to me he is still rambling on about imaginary stuff.

SuperHappyTime
29-04-2014, 23:56
Well, many people claim leaks to be non-accidental. Can`t answer most of your questions...
But about the rumormongers- many of them (like H and H) stopped delivering info, as they "lost intrest and don`t want anything from GW, so why bother"(hastings anyway, not sure about Harry). 40kradio stopped just recently, as they decided to quit denying GW opportunity to tell people the news themselves. As for Faeit - you shouldn`t bother reading his wishlisting anyway, and it seems to me he is still rambling on about imaginary stuff.

Rumors and Leaks are one of the following:
1. ******** (A lot of Faeit's "leaks", I find)
2. Inference (Like being able to infer we are likely to have a new WFB armybook every three months because GW has been publishing them as such)
3. Inside Connection or Information (This can be criminal in some countries, as since GW is a publicly traded company, it's sharing insider information)
4. Leaked by GW to generate hype (This tends to be a week out at most and published in WD before anywhere else)
5. Leaked by Mr. X on behalf of GW (ex. a representative of GW approaches BoLS, 40K Radio, etc and give them some info to tell the world. I don't think GW likes doing this though)