PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rule + Ruby Ring

DarKolia
06-05-2014, 08:08
Hi

I have had a doubt reading the new WE book yesterday... I am used to my Empire Witch Hunter having snipe and killing blow with his Ruby/Volan Ring...so..
Could you please tell me what do you think about sniping with a WE Wayfarer character using the ruby ring?...
Sincerely,

DarK

furrie
06-05-2014, 09:37
I thought spells didn't benefit from special rules the casting character has, so unless they have something that state that the sniper and killing blow counts for spells, it doesn't work.

DarKolia
06-05-2014, 10:22
Hi Furrie

Thanks for the answer...
I've also seen it dealt in the WE MKIII rumor thread... seems you are right... (and I could have played wrong my Witch Hunter, he only has KB not snipe with the ring... I have not used it yet thankfully)

Blkc57
06-05-2014, 15:50
I thought spells didn't benefit from special rules the casting character has, so unless they have something that state that the sniper and killing blow counts for spells, it doesn't work.

Normally they don't, but oddly the Witch HUnter's special rules do apply to all of his attacks including spells as per the Empire FAQ. With a Witch Hunter, You can actually killing blow off of the Ruby Ring (as silly as that sounds).

theunwantedbeing
06-05-2014, 15:52
Normally they don't, but oddly the Witch HUnter's special rules do apply to all of his attacks including spells as per the Empire FAQ. With a Witch Hunter, You can actually killing blow off of the Ruby Ring (as silly as that sounds).

That's due to how his special rule works.
It gives killing blow on all hits against a specific model, that come from the witch hunter.
I highly doubt the wood elf hero has the same wording.

Blkc57
06-05-2014, 15:56
True to that Unwanted, the wording is funky on the Witch Hunter to allow him to pull off his shenanigans, I don't have a wood elf book so I have no idea what the wording is on the Wood Elf waywatcher. If it just says Sniper then I would say no, as the general rule for sniper just seems to mention attacks in the shooting phase.