Hagbane Tips
= 160

Rare: 360

9x Waywatchers (Waystalker)
= 180

9x Waywatchers (Waystalker)
= 180

total = 2500

Lord and Captains stay loners but shadow warhawks to keep the General and BSB close to fleeing friendlies for rally re-rolls.

85x arrows per turn (105x if waywatchers double fire)
860 pts static ground risk
everything else geurrilla tactics, shoot/hit and run style

Thoughts? As long as I'm on the ball with the movement, cant see much weakness here...

Tae
07-05-2014, 17:40
Apart from the fact that you have absolutely no magic defence, the rest of the list looks very well done for a no touch list.

Brother Fenix
07-05-2014, 18:08
85x arrows per turn (105x if waywatchers double fire)

Only once the Glade Riders show up though.
My suggestion would be to drop one unit for Glade Guard, give the HoDA to the BSB, switch the captain for a spellsinger with a dispel scroll. Stick her in the free wood with your unit of Glade Guard at the back of the table.

keldon33
07-05-2014, 18:11
Yup. I'll have to see if magic defense is something that is really needed by play testing - will have to swap out the nice Glade lord if so. TBH though, right now I think it shouldnt be an issue. Between the waystalker snipers and warhawks/eagle characters I should be able to deal away with enemy wizards in the first two turns.

Korpacz
07-05-2014, 18:35
Looks like a fun list to play. I think you'll get frustrated with the warhawk characters, and the warhawks as well, they just don't hit very hard and die to everything, light shooting, heavy shooting, weak magic spells, strong magic spells, and of course combat. I view the warhawks as more resilient eagles, they're basically chaff.

keldon33
07-05-2014, 19:16
Yeah, I was thinking the Warhawks and great eagle characters would maintain distance and shoot at the threatening combat blocks until the final rounds after enough death by 1000 needles. Then all of these units would converge on the target enemy and deliver a mountain of asf attacks from all sides (frontal, flanks and rear) effectively knocking out the remaining unit in one cc turn.

My idea here being that alone any Warhawk is a weak target /fighter but stacked all together on all sides getting max attacks out of each is a sums is stronger than its parts type of situation.

Korpacz
07-05-2014, 21:11
Yeah, I was thinking the Warhawks and great eagle characters would maintain distance and shoot at the threatening combat blocks until the final rounds after enough death by 1000 needles. Then all of these units would converge on the target enemy and deliver a mountain of asf attacks from all sides (frontal, flanks and rear) effectively knocking out the remaining unit in one cc turn.

My idea here being that alone any Warhawk is a weak target /fighter but stacked all together on all sides getting max attacks out of each is a sums is stronger than its parts type of situation.

...unless you're fighting skullcrushers. To do 1 unsaved wound you need to do 6 wounds, which means you need 12 hits, which means you need 16 attacks... to do 1 unsaved wound. Rider + hawk have 3 attacks? That means you need 5-6 warhawk riders to do 1 wound to a single skullcrusher and they have 3 wounds each. If there are two skullcrushers left (6 wounds total), you'll need to hit them with 6x5 = 30 warhawk riders (in b2b contact) to finish them off. Sounds sort of funny doesn't it.

keldon33
08-05-2014, 00:14
Lets not forget the lord and captains are supporting the hawks too... they dish out considerably more attacks and will flank/rear charge with them.

Why am I charging skullcrushers though? M7 to my flying? No need to charge ever... Let them rush towards my waywatchers who will ignore armour... 20x shots with no armour should put the hurt on. If all else fails, avoid them until the end and unleash 46x arrows a turn on them until game over.

The warhawks backed by the character eagles have the ability to win combats... but they still arn't going to take out the most elite combat units in the game. Obviously the player needs to know what units he absolutely cannot challenge in CC. And for those few instances, it will be shoot and avoid, business as usual...