PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves 2400, Second Try

Dark_Kindred
09-05-2014, 20:27
Hi All:

So I am fairly new to fantasy and normally play Warriors of Chaos but want to fiddle around with DE list building. I tried a game last night against an extremely heavily comped magic/ethereal Vampire Counts army and was unceremoniously destroyed. This is what I cooked up. Do note that I kind of want to avoid the standard Witch Elf / Executioner with Cauldron of Blood Deathstarts running round the net.

Lords
Level 4 Supreme Sorceress of Dark Magic with Ring of Hoteck and Dispel Scroll
Heroes
Nobleman with Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak armed with Sword of Anti-Heroes and Potion of Strength riding a Cold One
Nobleman with Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak armed with an Ogre Blade riding a Cold One
Core
5 Dark Riders with Repeater Crossbows and Shields
10 Warriors with Repeater Crossbows, Shields, Banner and Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame
Special
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
9 Cold One Knights with Full Command, Razor Standard, and Sword of Striking
9 Cold One Knights with Full Command, Glimmering Pendant, Sword of Might
Cold One Chariot
Cold One Chariot
Rare
5 Doomfire Warlocks

Personally, I think that the magic weapons on the unit champions are largely a downgrade but having to fight a Vampire Counts ghost wall with mundane weapons and magic was….horrible… Using Swedish Comp, this score about a 10-11, so it ought to be "average". It is comparatively light on the shooting and magic that I had originally intended. I haven't tried Cold One Chariots but I like Chaos Chariots so yeah. Thoughts?