PDA

View Full Version : new treeman base size.

Piercefierce
11-05-2014, 03:02
Hey could anyone tell me what the new treeman base size is? i cant tell if its a chariot base or a monstrous cav base.

Thanks.

Knifeparty
11-05-2014, 03:09
It's Monstrous Cav surprisingly.

dementian
11-05-2014, 03:10

This. I was very surprised when I opened mine up today.

Blkc57
11-05-2014, 07:08
That and the large Terrorgiest base are becoming the "go to" bases for new models it seems.

orionwoodking
11-05-2014, 08:33
Now i have a question about the bases direction. It appears that the base is to be used in a sideways direction, being wider than it is deep, is that how it is supposed to be used in game?

Odin
11-05-2014, 08:51
Now i have a question about the bases direction. It appears that the base is to be used in a sideways direction, being wider than it is deep, is that how it is supposed to be used in game?

You can do either, it seems. Obviously narrow edge forward is the best option, but it's also quite difficult to achieve. I gave up and went for the 75mm frontage in the end.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

orionwoodking
11-05-2014, 09:19
Well I am looking at the back cover of the wood elf book and I see 4 treemen. The ancient and Durthu are with the 75mm at their front, then the two normal treeman have the 50mm as their front. So I would agree with you @Odin, as you can do either

Spiney Norman
11-05-2014, 22:24

Why is that surprising? The treeman is almost exactly the same build and height as the giant (give or take a twig or two), it makes sense that they would be on the same base.

In terms of orientation I easily got my standard treeman to face the narrow edge, having played around with the kit a little I'm fairly confident I could get the ancient to face the short edge too, but I think Durthu might be a little difficult.

Knifeparty
11-05-2014, 23:52
Why is that surprising? The treeman is almost exactly the same build and height as the giant (give or take a twig or two), it makes sense that they would be on the same base.

I haven't seen a monster since the giant on a base that small, I also have never seen a built treeman in person before. So I assumed it would be on a chariot base like 90% of the monsters out there.

Minsc
12-05-2014, 01:23
I just rebased my 5th Ed. Treeman, 5th Ed. Durthu and 6th Ed. Treeman onto 50x75 bases.

The 6th Ed. Treeman looks great with 50mm at the front.

With some cork beneath, Durthu looks good with 50mm at the front as well.

The 5th Ed. Treeman looks abit out of place with 50mm at the front though (he's quite thin), even with some cork beneath his feet.
Meh, I doubt I'll field 3 Treemen or an Ancient and two Treemen in the same list that often anyway.

Piercefierce
12-05-2014, 06:55
cheers everyone

Imperator64
12-05-2014, 19:31
Why would anyone want the nature frontage? Surely cannons are the greater threat?