PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle themed Juggernauts of Khorne for WOC

daismith906
16-05-2014, 07:58
Hello All

I wanting to add some juggernauts of Khorne to my Nurgle Themed WOC army

however as they are the khorne juggernauts would look totally out of place and not go with the theme of the army

Any ideas for alternative minis/conversions i could you to represent nurgle juggernauts?

Was thinking maybe daemon plague drones with warriors riders could work?

thanks

dai

innerwolf
16-05-2014, 08:12
Hello All

I wanting to add some juggernauts of Khorne to my Nurgle Themed WOC army

however as they are the khorne juggernauts would look totally out of place and not go with the theme of the army

Any ideas for alternative minis/conversions i could you to represent nurgle juggernauts?

Was thinking maybe daemon plague drones with warriors riders could work?

thanks

dai

What about Forgeworld Plage Toads? They are uncommon enough that people won't mistake them for other units, bulky and relatively cheap.

dalezzz
16-05-2014, 08:18
Beasts of nurgle might work too?

Rakariel
16-05-2014, 08:34
I would buy three of Kazyk the Befouled on Rot Beast from FW. While pricey I think they capture the Nurgle feel very well. You can change the posture of the rider easily with hot water and if you put some green stuff on two of them make them look different aswell. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/KAZYK-THE-BEFOULED-ON-ROT-BEAST.html

Metacarpi
16-05-2014, 08:36
Kazyk would be my first choice, followed by Plague Toads.

You're idea with the Plague Drones would work, but I'm just not a fan of the models personally.

innerwolf
16-05-2014, 08:42
Well, that Rot Beast is almost exaclty the Nurgle equivalent of a Juggernaut if I ever saw one :D Maybe the unit's champion could be the original rider and the rest could be Chaos Knights

Mozzamanx
16-05-2014, 08:44
If you don't mind stepping away from official GW, Titan Forge (http://titan-forge.com/fantasy_miniatures_daemonic_kingdom_descendants_of _decay) do some nice Daemonic nasties that see some use as Beasts of Nurgle. You could probably find some way to mount a Knight on top of one.

Rakariel
16-05-2014, 08:57
Those Titan Forge models look pretty cool too.

daismith906
16-05-2014, 09:07
If you don't mind stepping away from official GW, Titan Forge (http://titan-forge.com/fantasy_miniatures_daemonic_kingdom_descendants_of _decay) do some nice Daemonic nasties that see some use as Beasts of Nurgle. You could probably find some way to mount a Knight on top of one.

Im already using them as my gore beasts - awesome minis

the rot beasts are a tad expensive for my tastes

Plague toads might work though

Thanks

dai

dragonet111
16-05-2014, 14:59
I like your idea of using Plague Drones.

infamousme
16-05-2014, 20:45
I will throw my vote in with the plague drones.
They would look great with chaos knights on them and aren't to expensive.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Kingrick
17-05-2014, 17:15
i think the drones would work, the beasts would work, all the ideas are good. Funny thing is im actually doing the same thing, im going to use plague toads and am trying to find all the different poses of the chaos lord on manticore for their riders, I did a Gorebeast chariot with a beast of nurgle pulling it, im working on turning a unit of plaguebearers into great weapon warriors by adding green stuff armor.... gonna take some time :) Good luck with your choices

CauCaSus
18-05-2014, 10:48
"I want to field a themed army, but I still want the most broken stuff" / "I want to have my cake and eat it to" -Every mono-god WoC/DoC player these days.

Plague drones look awesome, use them.

Edit: no really, use them as count-as juggers. I'm all for cohesive color and aesthetics in an army, but PLEASE don't call it a "mono god" army. Its not. Its just a nurgle themed army which is fine.

theunwantedbeing
18-05-2014, 11:06
Plague drones look awesome, use them.

Yeah, as plague drones.

Imperator64
18-05-2014, 11:24
If you're going to theme an army then theme it. That may mean not having the best bits of every army.

daismith906
18-05-2014, 11:28
Cheers guys going to use the plague drones for mounts

Themed can be painting style/look wise etc across an army doesn't have to mean unit/fluff wise

Kingrick
18-05-2014, 17:28
Cheers guys going to use the plague drones for mounts

Themed can be painting style/look wise etc across an army doesn't have to mean unit/fluff wise

Agreed, I don't get the hate. There isn't an option for a MoN rider, so just make a cool conversion and say counts as.

Horace35
19-05-2014, 14:01
Forgeworld sell riders for the plague toads too & also a bundle of 6 (works out about a tenner cheaper)

Ograr
19-05-2014, 15:58
I saw a conversion the other day from someone who was wondering the same thing and using the plague drones, cutting the wings off and positioning them more like giant beetles.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/attachments/warriors-chaos/31585d1373957764-nurgle-themed-skullcrushers-wp_20130714_011.jpg

That's probably the way to go.

Kingrick
19-05-2014, 16:01
I saw a conversion the other day from someone who was wondering the same thing and using the plague drones, cutting the wings off and positioning them more like giant beetles.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/attachments/warriors-chaos/31585d1373957764-nurgle-themed-skullcrushers-wp_20130714_011.jpg

That's probably the way to go.

Now that is interesting. Good find. I would have never thought to clip the wings and use them like that.

EvanM
20-05-2014, 16:31
With daemons, why cant you just paint the juggernauts green-ish and call it a day. I know thats like the most unpopular opinion ever but still. No ones making you paint Khorne guys red, nurgle green, Tzeentch purple or whatever.

shakedown47
20-05-2014, 17:30
At first I might come off as a staunch defender of fluff and decrier of things such as "khorne flamers" (I am, but that's not the point driving this post) but what's wrong with just using them as skullcrushers of Khorne, painted in colors you think appropriate for their devotion? There's a difference between a themed Nurgle force and a hard-line Nurgle force, after all. If you were a hard-liner, you wouldn't be using skullcrushers anyway. It's not like Nurgle and Khorne are so at odds with one another that their mortal forces would absolutely refuse to find common cause, and for your part you won't save yourself a single sanctimonious eye-roll by trying to make the skullcrushers "blend in."

My advice is just buy the skullcrusher models and call it a day.

Alltaken
20-05-2014, 18:09
Where's the fun in limiting yourself if you want to go a little creative and monogodly devoted

From my servoskull

SpanielBear
20-05-2014, 18:23
At first I might come off as a staunch defender of fluff and decrier of things such as "khorne flamers" (I am, but that's not the point driving this post) but what's wrong with just using them as skullcrushers of Khorne, painted in colors you think appropriate for their devotion? There's a difference between a themed Nurgle force and a hard-line Nurgle force, after all. If you were a hard-liner, you wouldn't be using skullcrushers anyway. It's not like Nurgle and Khorne are so at odds with one another that their mortal forces would absolutely refuse to find common cause, and for your part you won't save yourself a single sanctimonious eye-roll by trying to make the skullcrushers "blend in."

My advice is just buy the skullcrusher models and call it a day.

Got to disagree with you on this one, at least a little. One of the things I really, really love about this hobby is how creative people can be with their models. In this thread we've already had converted plague toad riders, Plague Drone Beetles, and other such ideas. There's nothing wrong with a mixed mark army, but I'd never let opinion get in the way of a good kit-bash.

It's not like the crushers are from a different codex, so it's no more over powered than, say prince and chimera spam (a lot less, by the sounds of it). And I also find it odd that the chaos gods and daemons, patrons of mutation and bizarre gribblys, are so regimental when it comes to their armies ("No Slaanesh, you can't have heavy cavalry. We all agreed they are Khorne's toys, put them back!"), it makes more sense to me that each god has boundless legions to call on, some of which overlap in role. Converting is perfect to demonstrate this.

Full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes!

Alltaken
20-05-2014, 20:00
Got to disagree with you on this one, at least a little. One of the things I really, really love about this hobby is how creative people can be with their models. In this thread we've already had converted plague toad riders, Plague Drone Beetles, and other such ideas. There's nothing wrong with a mixed mark army, but I'd never let opinion get in the way of a good kit-bash.

It's not like the crushers are from a different codex, so it's no more over powered than, say prince and chimera spam (a lot less, by the sounds of it). And I also find it odd that the chaos gods and daemons, patrons of mutation and bizarre gribblys, are so regimental when it comes to their armies ("No Slaanesh, you can't have heavy cavalry. We all agreed they are Khorne's toys, put them back!"), it makes more sense to me that each god has boundless legions to call on, some of which overlap in role. Converting is perfect to demonstrate this.

Full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes!

Actually it makes sense that gods are jealous and dont want each other to play with their toys or so proud you dont want their toys.

Chaos has quite the infighting, not O&G lvls but they do have it.

Besides tzeench is fickle at best so his "army selection" should probably change all the time.

From my servoskull

SpanielBear
20-05-2014, 20:07
Actually it makes sense that gods are jealous and dont want each other to play with their toys or so proud you dont want their toys.

Chaos has quite the infighting, not O&G lvls but they do have it.

Besides tzeench is fickle at best so his "army selection" should probably change all the time.

From my servoskull

Yeah, guess I should clarify, I don't mean Tzeentch steals keys to the Juggernaut shed- like you say, a gods daemons are his own. But Tzeentch being The Lord of change and mutation, it is not unreasonable to imagine him kitting out a few of his chosen with some hideous yak/moose/ptarmigan hybrid that, to all intents and purposes, has a similar function and can be represented by the same profile. Just an aesthetic redesign really.

Alltaken
20-05-2014, 20:15
For game mechanics it makes total sense, but I mean like fluffy as you could get I mean what you propose sounds like it could also not happen. Say tzeench and khorne equip their chosen with monstrous cavalry, khorne's ones are combat beasts if iron and blood.

Tzeench's are but illusions and ethereal attacking your soul and casting wild fire

From my servoskull

SpanielBear
20-05-2014, 21:10
For game mechanics it makes total sense, but I mean like fluffy as you could get I mean what you propose sounds like it could also not happen. Say tzeench and khorne equip their chosen with monstrous cavalry, khorne's ones are combat beasts if iron and blood.

Tzeench's are but illusions and ethereal attacking your soul and casting wild fire

From my servoskull

Yup. But both are gonna hurt. ;)

All I'm saying is that I'll take a fun model and imaginative fluff any day of the week. :)

Alltaken
20-05-2014, 21:18
Yup. But both are gonna hurt. ;)

All I'm saying is that I'll take a fun model and imaginative fluff any day of the week. :)

In that we totally agree

From my servoskull

Metacarpi
21-05-2014, 08:18
.... Did I just see people engaged in passionate discussion that was in agreement? :p

I have to agree with you guys - one of my favourite aspects of this hobby is seeing what other people are inspired to create! Seeing someones lovingly crafted conversion always gets my inspiration going (it's the reason why I'm starting a new WoC army - I was at the Battle Brothers event a couple of weeks ago and saw some really lovely conversions), and there's nothing like somebody commenting on my own work to bring real satisfaction!

TS - when you get your SkullCrushers done, I hope you'll put some pics up for us to see! :)

daismith906
21-05-2014, 08:19
Im quite shocked the interest this subject as created

Yes i will post some pics up for people to see the final creations

daismith906
02-06-2014, 10:13
So heres a few WIP pics of the nurgle skullcrushers

Need to add some rubble to the bases and green stuff nurgle patches (disease etc) to the knights

Turned out better than hoped

theunwantedbeing
02-06-2014, 10:29
Turned out better than hoped
I know, you posted pictures!
Usually we have to wait several weeks/months before any images appear on a random posting log somewhere, let alone the exact same thread......

They look pretty good, there does seem to be a lot of wasted space behind them though, any side on images to show us?

daismith906
02-06-2014, 10:32
I know, you posted pictures!
Usually we have to wait several weeks/months before any images appear on a random posting log somewhere, let alone the exact same thread......

They look pretty good, there does seem to be a lot of wasted space behind them though, any side on images to show us?

I had to place the supporting pillar close to the front edge to fit the longer rear legs on the base, one of the drones is actually supported by a small flying stem

The space will be filled up with rubble like the pillars collapsed using galeforce concrete rubble (will post pics when ive added that)

cheers

Urgat
02-06-2014, 10:47
You really need to add sadles or something, because the way the legs don't touch the mounts at all is pretty much the only problem I see with these otherwise nice conversions (even if I'm one of these fluff extremists. But you have to forgive me, I'm so tired of all those "night goblin armies" that don't even have a night goblin general...)

daismith906
02-06-2014, 18:22
Agreed I need to green stuff saddles and fill the inside of the knights legs to stop the floaty effect

Cheers

Dai

Ograr
02-06-2014, 20:01
Those look positively creepy. I like 'em a lot!
What kind of pillars are those?

Alltaken
02-06-2014, 20:32
Ancient ruins or something, gw terrain. Quite nice and has a lot of spares

From my servoskull

Kingrick
04-06-2014, 02:50
Could you please post a side view?

KalEf
06-06-2014, 01:23
Darn it! I am too late to suggest some clan pestilence themed mounts :(