PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt Wood Elves for Local Club Games

Skinnyb
17-05-2014, 19:55
So.. At my club we are starting to try Fantasy in a small scale as most gamers have fallen out of love with it.

So anyway, my army;

LV2 Spellsinger with Scroll of shielding.

Shadowdancer with Potion of Strength

18 Glade Guard, Champ + Musician, Hagbane arrows.

2 x 5 Glade Riders, Musician, Hagbane arrows.

10 Wardancers, Champ & Musician.

Great Eagle.

Thats 1000 Points, I avent got much else apart from Dryads and I am not hearing good things about them. I like the idea of the ambushers rule, and have an eagle to scare warmachines aswell as march block early on. Poison arrows and kiling blow on dancers should work against armoured troops. Always strikes first high I troops should do well....
For the wizard I am thinking shadow lore for themeyness (thats a word!!) or Beasts?

Shadoer
21-05-2014, 09:09
So.. At my club we are starting to try Fantasy in a small scale as most gamers have fallen out of love with it.

So anyway, my army;

LV2 Spellsinger with Scroll of shielding.

Shadowdancer with Potion of Strength

18 Glade Guard, Champ + Musician, Hagbane arrows.

2 x 5 Glade Riders, Musician, Hagbane arrows.

10 Wardancers, Champ & Musician.

Great Eagle.

Thats 1000 Points, I avent got much else apart from Dryads and I am not hearing good things about them. I like the idea of the ambushers rule, and have an eagle to scare warmachines aswell as march block early on. Poison arrows and kiling blow on dancers should work against armoured troops. Always strikes first high I troops should do well....
For the wizard I am thinking shadow lore for themeyness (thats a word!!) or Beasts?

Hmm my advice would be

1. Glade Guard: I'd run them in two blocks of 10 instead, if you can manage it, without command. Those guys won't last long in combat and by separating them you can have more board control and be able to spread out your fire more effectively. Also on one unit you could put Hagbane arrows and the other you could put Arcane Bodkins for extra anti-armor goodness.

2. Spellsinger: I'd put a dispel scroll on him instead if you can find the points and I'd vote for Shadow as I feel it covers your weaknesses better.

3. Glade Riders: In a low point game like this, I'd actually advice you going with a unit of 10. Right now everything is depending on your shooting and your dancers, so a unit of 10 that can effectively charge something in the flank or rear with numbers backing it can help a lot.

4. Starfire Shafts: Also it might be worth giving someone Starfire Shafts. This is because they cause flaming attacks and give +1 to wound destruction, so Chimeras, Hydras, Vargulf, and Hellpits will get their regen saves removed by these handy arrows. Shouldn't go crazy on them, but one unit with them could help a lot against these all too common monsters.

Dragon11
28-05-2014, 10:16
^^msu ftw imo

King Arthur
03-06-2014, 17:40
I used to always have my glade guard in units of 10 but now I usually have bunker unit in my wood although they are at least 24 strong and backed up by a level 4 as they are actually quite good in combat (especially with mindrazor) also the dangerous terrain tests kill a sixth and then poisoned attacks from the wood make them a good combat block just saying.

SimaoSegunda
04-06-2014, 09:58
Where is the shadow dancer going? Because, ironically, I think they are better off in basically any other combat unit rather than war dancers. As for the dancers themselves, they no longer have S4 on the charge, which means they can struggle to get kills. With the points you'd save by dropping the dancers, you could get 3 warhawk riders.

If you weren't too attached to the shadow dancer, in my opinion at this points level a Waystalker becomes a very powerful option, with the bow of Loren he can fire two armour-ignoring sniper shots per turn, which is just gravy.