PDA

View Full Version : Army building app?

Doommasters
17-05-2014, 22:21
Hi guys just got an iPad and would like to do my a army building on it. Can anyone recomend any?

Malagor
17-05-2014, 22:24
Quartermaster.
It's not perfect but it's good enough.

Tae
17-05-2014, 22:39
Quartermaster.
It's not perfect but it's good enough.

This. Plus it's easy to fix yourself and gets regularly updated (it was about 10 days to get new WE)

Clockwork
18-05-2014, 00:15
I have Quartermaster too and it does the job just fine. Not sure if Battlesrcibe is on Apple, but it works fine for Android devices.

On a related note, it continues to amaze me that in the year 2014, GW still haven't got their **** together to licence and market an army builder app or software for their own game systems.

CauCaSus
18-05-2014, 10:46
I prefer quartermaster over battlescribe.

I tihnk its more than good enough. Its better than army builder thats for sure.

Malagor
18-05-2014, 10:50
Army Builder is better then Quartermaster without a doubt but they don't have that on Iphones/Ipads.

Doommasters
18-05-2014, 11:32
Thanks guys prob will pick one up before next weekend. I have to say now I have an iPad with the army books on it life is much easier.

SSquirrel
18-05-2014, 15:46
Battlescribe is available on iOS as well. I use it regularly. Using it today for my Skaven vs Pirates battle :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doommasters
19-05-2014, 02:12
I have Quartermaster too and it does the job just fine. Not sure if Battlesrcibe is on Apple, but it works fine for Android devices.

On a related note, it continues to amaze me that in the year 2014, GW still haven't got their **** together to licence and market an army builder app or software for their own game systems.

They are old school; many of their decisons don't make any sense. A bit like MTGO not being availble on tablet.....huge market just waiting for that

CauCaSus
19-05-2014, 11:21
Army Builder is better then Quartermaster without a doubt but they don't have that on Iphones/Ipads.

How is it better?

QMs users make army templates already before the rule book is out based on rumors and leaked photos/scans. AB forces its users to wait 2+ weeks for their updates.

With QM I can easily bring several lists for all my armies and edit them on the fly. AB forces me to print out each individually or bring my laptop.

AB have a history of typos. QM lets me fix those typos in the template the moment I discover them.

QM is a one time buy. AB force me to pay a subscription.

Malagor
19-05-2014, 11:49
QMs users make army templates already before the rule book is out based on rumors and leaked photos/scans. AB forces its users to wait 2+ weeks for their updates.
Actually it's a month and that's because GW came down hard on them.

With QM I can easily bring several lists for all my armies and edit them on the fly. AB forces me to print out each individually or bring my laptop.
True that with QM allows you to edit your list on your phone but you can put your AB lists on your phone, it added pdf support quite a while ago and they got their own app now connected with dropbox.

[/QUOTE]AB have a history of typos. QM lets me fix those typos in the template the moment I discover them.[/QUOTE]
And AB releases fixes for said typos.

QM is a one time buy. AB force me to pay a subscription.
That is wrong, AB is a one-time buy as well.

AB while a PC or Mac product is superior for the simple fact that AB knows the rules of the game, QM does not.
You can quite easily make illegal lists on QM without you even knowing it. While you can make the same list on AB, there are warning signs all over the list saying that this is an illegal list and in certain cases such as items the program itself stops you before you even get that far.
Not only that it has the rules of the units(which is why there is a 1 month waiting period). I don't even have to open my army book, I can just look at my list and it will say what the rule is.
If I need a list right away while at the gaming store then of course QM is better since well AB doesn't allow that(unless bringing a laptop) but other then that I use AB everytime and will always recommend them over QM.

Alltaken
19-05-2014, 13:38
I really dislike AB, I cant get to like the interface. Battlescribe for android has been a blessing (sure I dont have pdf support or rules included for items, but its quite ez to swap to acrobat reader while doing so). However I dont know how to modify files, how's quartermaster for that?

Because I really want to drop my excel file for WE.

From my servoskull

Blenk87
19-05-2014, 23:50
I use battlescribe on ipad and iPhone and cannot recommend it highly enough. very easy to use and has very good community support. You can easily send list between devices as well. There's a free version that works exactly as the pro version just with banner ads. But I didn't find these to affect the apps functionality at all (I now have the pro version). The pro version is also very cheap compared to others options available

Sent using Tapatalk

Doommasters
20-05-2014, 03:38
You guys are making the decison even harder lol

Odin
20-05-2014, 12:11
How would I find this Quartermaster app? No success so far.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Alltaken
20-05-2014, 14:20
It seems Apple only

From my servoskull

Eyrenthaal
20-05-2014, 20:55
+1 for battlescribe

Luigi
21-05-2014, 06:34
Which one of these programs would work on a Mac 10.6?

Odin
21-05-2014, 10:52
It seems Apple only

From my servoskull

Quartermaster? Well that would explain it. So are any of these available on Android?

DISCIPLE O' WURRZAG
22-05-2014, 06:18
Battlescribe user here! Pretty basic, but it has everything you'd need.

SSquirrel
22-05-2014, 17:00
Battlescribe is android as well I believe

Ramius4
22-05-2014, 17:12
I'm an advocate of the ultimate army book-user interface. Pencil and paper (usually the smallest possible peice of paper, like a post-it note). And yes, I too can edit 'on the fly'. ;)

SSquirrel
22-05-2014, 19:29
My handwriting is awful. App is much neater personally :)

ragingdrone
22-05-2014, 21:33
I would say quartermaster but then again you have to pay.

Battlescribe - its free but you need to wait for someone to provide the data. (sometimes its kinda time consuming to look for the correct data)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Alltaken
22-05-2014, 21:52
Is quartermaster for Apple? Can someone confirm that?

From my servoskull

ragingdrone
22-05-2014, 22:23
Is quartermaster for Apple? Can someone confirm that?

From my servoskull

Yes. Its only apple unfortunately. Thats why when I upgraded my phone j was kinda pissed. Ugh!!!

Right now I have an galaxy s5 and the battlescribe works fine and its free but still I miss quartermaster.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Doommasters
23-05-2014, 09:34
Purchased quarter master for the iPad, very easy to use and super happy with it. Anyone looking into this the $10 is well worth it.

Odin
25-05-2014, 10:21
I'm loving Battlescribe, managed to write five Wood Elf armies on the train home while drunk. Wouldn't even manage one in tgat time normally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk