PDA

View Full Version : 40K & WHFB rumours on BolS

quantumcollider
18-05-2014, 11:28
Hello all,

There are a list of rumours on BolS about both 40k & WHFB. I am posting them in general since I do not really believe them myself, but for completeness, here they are:

Link (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/40k-wfb-schedule-next-12-months.html)

via Gary and Stickmonkey:

EARLY-MID JUNE
Orks

LATE JUNE
Ork Theme Apocalypse Supplement

EARLY-MID JULY
Brettonians

LATE JULY
Chaos Space Marines Sets and Supplement

EARLY AUGUST
40k New Starter Set

MID-LATE AUGUST
Blood Angels

EARLY SEPTEMBER
Armageddon Apocalypse Supplement

MID SEPTEMBER
Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition

SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER
Orcs and Goblins

OCTOBER
Fantasy Starter Set

OCTOBER - NOVEMBER
Dark Eldar

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER
Hobbit (Core Development halts May 2015, add-on releases continue till Q2 2015)
40K Scenery for 40k:
- Wrecked Land Raider kit
- Xenos bunker series (Eldar, Orks, Tau)

DECEMBER - JANUARY
Space Wolves
"Battle of Garm" Apocalypse supplement

JANUARY - FEBRUARY
Beastmen

FEBRUARY - MARCH
Necrons
WFB Scenery ("Bridge Kit")

MARCH +
Skaven
Grey Knights
High Elves
Sororitas
Inquisition
Empire

We rate everything up to August: DUH! and everything after September: Salty

Have at it.

Edit: To clarify, these rumour come from Stickmonkey, who if I recall correctly has a very dubious reputation regarding the accuracy of his rumours.

Clockwork
18-05-2014, 11:33
New 40k and Fantasy and the Hobbit all in one year? I dunno, that sounds like a lot to ask for. Has it ever happened before that all three game systems have received a new ruleset in the same year? Isn't July/August the month that GW typically don't release anything?

Didn't Dark Eldar and Necrons just get a release?

Although I do remember reading here that Orcs and Goblins were up for a new book soon/to coincide with 9th.

Also this should be in news and rumours btw.

Malagor
18-05-2014, 11:41
Nah if you look there is already a thread about it that was closed.

quantumcollider
18-05-2014, 11:52
Also this should be in news and rumours btw.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. These rumours originated from StickMonkey, who has a poor reputation with regards to rumour accuracy if I am not mistaken. Also, a list of releases up to a year in the future, while these days we do not get definitive rumours until the WD is released? Very suspect to me...

Unless someone can confirm at least some of these rumours, I am treating it as suspect. And the News & Rumours section is cluttered enough as it is.

Clockwork
18-05-2014, 11:56
Unfortunately, I have to disagree. These rumours originated from StickMonkey, who has a poor reputation with regards to rumour accuracy if I am not mistaken. Also, a list of releases up to a year in the future, while these days we do not get definitive rumours until the WD is released? Very suspect to me...

Unless someone can confirm at least some of these rumours, I am treating it as suspect. And the News & Rumours section is cluttered enough as it is.

Good point! Well, that makes me feel better at least. I'd prefer not to see 9th until next year.

SpanielBear
18-05-2014, 13:22
Just Brettonia? Aww, now I really hope this is false. :(

(Come on complete edition, come on complete edition, come on complete edition!!!)

quantumcollider
18-05-2014, 18:03
Just Brettonia? Aww, now I really hope this is false. :(

(Come on complete edition, come on complete edition, come on complete edition!!!)

As much as i doubt this list to be true, as a Bretonnia enthusiast I very much hope it is. ;)

Spiney Norman
18-05-2014, 22:59
Not only is stick monkey the source, but it also contains items such as 40k Xenos terrain and even mentions Adepta Sororitas. In other words, it is pure fiction.

It also mentions a new 40k starter set, which several reliable sources have told us is not coming.

Sexiest_hero
18-05-2014, 23:30
Ha stick monkey, how has he not been tarred and feathered when he posts a rou....oh yeah traffic and ad revenue. Good work Bols....

KariP
18-05-2014, 23:42
Faeit also said Bretonnia are next, though they are not the most reliable sources ever, I am getting very excited to see if Bretonnians are next. Been waiting for them too long.

Alltaken
18-05-2014, 23:59
Did 40k radio say something on bretonia? Faeit is not worth reading at all, in the rumor thread accuracy count somewhere in this forum bols was pretty bad too

From my servoskull

SuperHappyTime
19-05-2014, 04:13
Did 40k radio say something on bretonia? Faeit is not worth reading at all, in the rumor thread accuracy count somewhere in this forum bols was pretty bad too

From my servoskull

I never trust Faeit. But as a worker in the chemistry industry for the oilfield, I do love when high amounts of calcium carbonate are present, such opportunities gives me plenty of opportunity to sell snake oil. Or in the case of forums, make more reasonable posts.

BoLS is different. As a forum, there are high-authority leakers, rumor detectives (such as myself), and dream-makers (see Faeit). The Mods tend to know the difference between the three, but it would not surprise me that they do get it horribly wrong sometimes.

Regardless of when Brets come out, I hope 9th edition comes out shortly thereafter, as the hype chain combo would be akin to a 15-20% price drop across the board for WFB.

Malagor
19-05-2014, 05:54
Faeit also said Bretonnia are next, though they are not the most reliable sources ever, I am getting very excited to see if Bretonnians are next. Been waiting for them too long.
Pretty sure Faeit got it from the same source as BolS

From my servoskull
40k Radio did indeed put Bretonnia up next but that was like in august or september.

Avian
19-05-2014, 07:41
Hastings also said last year that Bretonnia are next. It's not a revelation at this point. ;)

Ludaman
19-05-2014, 07:46
It may not be a revelation, but it is cause for a little celebration every time I hear it :)

quantumcollider
19-05-2014, 08:02
Hastings also said last year that Bretonnia are next. It's not a revelation at this point. ;)

I remember that. But didn't he hint it to arrive beginning of 2015?

Avian
19-05-2014, 09:03
With Hastings, the order has been correct thus far, but it seems he got caught out by the ramping up of the release schedule that started last year. He had Dark Elves for early this year, for example.

Timathius
23-05-2014, 15:43
Some "news" here

there has been this picture doing the rounds
http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com/2014/05/new-bretonnia-rumours.html

Now, I read the comments and it seems that this picture is the same model as this 5 year old green
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=1&func=view&id=62936&catid=2

What I take from this though is that they are going to be producing this model and we could be seeing brets soon. The first picture is in grey plastic and looks like it has been put into production as opposed to the old second which is just a green. Also, there is a snip of another picture in the bottom right that looks like some kind of banner.

Obviously, I could be completely off basis here. But I figured that it was worth sharing.

Avian
23-05-2014, 15:48
The grey picture is also five years old. Someone's just dug it up to trick people. It's one of Martin Footit's test model, obviously unsuited for ranking up and if does get converted to a multi part plastic kit I will eat all your hats.

Timathius
23-05-2014, 17:19
The grey picture is also five years old. Someone's just dug it up to trick people. It's one of Martin Footit's test model, obviously unsuited for ranking up and if does get converted to a multi part plastic kit I will eat all your hats.

Well you would know best.

though I will be in Norway in June so if more firm evidence comes out... I will be bringing a hat just in case. ;)