PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos Unit Selection

Unreliable_Babysitter
19-05-2014, 01:36
Hi there,
I'm putting together my very first Fantasy Army and I'm doing well I think, Knights, two sorcerers, Kit-Bashed lord (just waiting on greenstuff to come in the mail to complete him), giant, warriors, etc.
I want to be able to field all the models I have assembled apart from the Spawn and Daemon Prince I have reserved for Eye of the Gods, and i am wondering, is a unit of 20 Marauders at all viable? I don't want any more marauders as I personally don't like the look of the models but I don't want them to sit there gathering the dust until my daughter gets old enough to unlock the cabinet and think they are food or something.

I've never had a game of Warhammer before but it seems to me from all the forum talk that 20 Marauders won't cut it anymore in 8th edition rules. But is there any role a unit of that size might fill?
My two big hitting infantry units for my army are currently 20 Forsaken and 24 Warriors, although I plan on getting another box of warriors so I can field 2 units of 18.

Kurrilino
19-05-2014, 06:11
Hi there,
I'm putting together my very first Fantasy Army and I'm doing well I think, Knights, two sorcerers, Kit-Bashed lord (just waiting on greenstuff to come in the mail to complete him), giant, warriors, etc.
I want to be able to field all the models I have assembled apart from the Spawn and Daemon Prince I have reserved for Eye of the Gods, and i am wondering, is a unit of 20 Marauders at all viable? I don't want any more marauders as I personally don't like the look of the models but I don't want them to sit there gathering the dust until my daughter gets old enough to unlock the cabinet and think they are food or something.

I've never had a game of Warhammer before but it seems to me from all the forum talk that 20 Marauders won't cut it anymore in 8th edition rules. But is there any role a unit of that size might fill?
My two big hitting infantry units for my army are currently 20 Forsaken and 24 Warriors, although I plan on getting another box of warriors so I can field 2 units of 18.

If you insist on Marauders run them with Wulfrick. Beside that there is no use for them

Borgomos
19-05-2014, 06:39
20 Marauders with Flails and Slaneesh Mark can do some light flank duty.

ashley.willson
19-05-2014, 06:51
20 will need whulfrik otherwise horde them up.

Marauders will do more than you think. I always ran a horde with flails and shields and when they hit it hurts. The thing is that they are not amazing but in a horde will draw attention as they cannot be ignored. If yu feel brave give them the mark of Khorne just be wary of being drawn out. Flails and Khorne rocks when it works.

Unreliable_Babysitter
19-05-2014, 23:08
Hrm Wulfrik or slaanesh flanker, thanks for the tips!

Bigman
23-05-2014, 18:39
You can run them as a cheap bunker as well.

Mark them depending on your sorcerer, give them shields. Keep them cheap.

Many WoC armies find less and less use for Chaos Warriors as it is. I've seen many lists without them.

Best bunker would be MoT as it gives them
A 6+ ward that can be boosted by characters having magic res...15-20 with shields.
That does limit your Mage because he can't have any mark other than no mark or tzeentch.

SSquirrel
23-05-2014, 20:39
I've seen math showing nurgle ends up more effective overall. Nurgle gives nurgle and death options at least