PDA

View Full Version : Excellent GW service

Rick_1138
20-05-2014, 13:59
Just had an e-mail through from GW re my collectors edition rulebook.

Apparently there is a delay and I wont get it on day of release.

As a result the people who ordered a ltd edition rulebook are getting a free standard copy of the rules on Saturday and a 50 voucher as way of apology.

I was actually in the belief that it was a scam but phoned the GW customer services number from the official website and they confirmed this.

Was actually in shock for a bit that they are being that generous. As its only a 5 day delay.

I would have expected a 'delayed order, nae luck' e-mail from any company tbh.

They in no way had to do this.

GW showing once again that they get customer service bang on every time in my experience, just a few other 'issues' to sort out and all will be well in the world. :)

Ultimate Life Form
20-05-2014, 14:46
So just to make sure I got this one right, you got a free book on top of your order?

Metacarpi
20-05-2014, 15:04
50 voucher and a standard copy for you to bung on eBay/flog to a mate?

In a single word - result!

Coldhatred
20-05-2014, 15:49
Beyond everything else, GW has always had excellent customer service.

superdupermatt
20-05-2014, 15:59
I had expect a lot of people will buy the collectors edition now. I definitely would if I could now! Hah.

Rick_1138
20-05-2014, 17:13
It won't work now, it will be because you are guaranteed sat delivery if ordered to the store before Sunday the 18th I'd imagine. Always happy to get a freebie. I wanted a storm raven anyway!

jtrowell
21-05-2014, 10:02
Well, when you think of how overpriced the limited edition is (and even the normal edition in fact), they probably still made a profit after offering both the normal rules and the voucher.

Still, it's a nice gesture from their part anyway.

Storm Empress
21-05-2014, 11:09
I wouldn't know as I've only just started but from what my gaming friends say they have always been give great customer service at their store.

Bye xx

DarkWarrior1981
21-05-2014, 18:08
Just to clarify, this affects only orders for the munitorum edition which were pre-ordered during the first days (Friday till Sunday), also only orders placed within Europe (UK, France, Germany, etc.) and on top only orders, which were to be collected from a GW store. I will remain sceptic however until people really are getting out of their GW stores with copies of the Rules for free. :)

Bookwrak
21-05-2014, 21:52
GW service is pretty baller. I bought a Valkyrie kit almost almost five yearish ago (whenever the kit originally dropped) from a GW store that's no longer there, and only got around to peeling off the plastic wrap and putting it together yesterday.

Only to find it sans canopy sprue, and a couple pieces missing from another one. Called 'em up, and they got the missing stuff on its way out.

Rick_1138
22-05-2014, 09:00
Just to clarify, this affects only orders for the munitorum edition which were pre-ordered during the first days (Friday till Sunday), also only orders placed within Europe (UK, France, Germany, etc.) and on top only orders, which were to be collected from a GW store. I will remain sceptic however until people really are getting out of their GW stores with copies of the Rules for free. :)

Its deffinately genuine, spoke with my local GW staffer yesterday and he has had it confirmed by HQ and I can get my copy on sat morning :)

DarkWarrior1981
22-05-2014, 10:13
You (and anyone who got the same message) should check your emails. I recieved a pretty nice one just a few minutes ago confirming the second part of the compensation. :)

Ulodwor
23-05-2014, 03:21
This actually makes some sense. If you bought the limited edition you are obviously not only a GW customer but quite likely you are also one of those elusive money-is-not-a-problem customers, one of the few customers left that is both willing and able to provide GW with the profit margins they desire.

You're probably not one of those sad penny pinchers who might consider buying a battalion box, but only if there is a bulk discount. You are however likely one of those gloriously few whom, when engaging in the questionable practice of drunken online shopping, might conceivably buy one of those 1-click deals GW offers that is huge enough to make the bean counters at GW HQ shed a few tears of their most pure hobbyist joy.

Provided GW knows anything about customer retention, a limited edition buyer is probably one of the last persons on earth they'd want to alienate. You're the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Then again, I would also not have been the least surprised to learn this delay had resulted in the customers being met with nothing but a flat "sorry pal, we have your business and you're out of luck". All properly phrased of course.

Rick_1138
23-05-2014, 08:48
Yes I got my second (rather lovely) e-mail yesterday :)

I am happy to throw down a large wedge now and then but to get the munitorum edition, I did get 50 from my GF for my birthday, sold some stuff and had some saved from last month, so it wasn't like I do that a lot.

The only other thing is I am looking at getting the terminator strike force bundle with the commander, but to pay for it I am ebaying my old army at a low amount just to cover costs. Other than that I wont be buying much more this year.

The big bundles one click deals are more than anything simply talking points, I doubt that many people would ever buy them. However I did see a guy with 3!! warhound titan boxes being carried around in his bag at GD 2009! So there are folk out there who have the money t spend and its what they want to spend their money on.

MrPriest
24-05-2014, 00:21
Well isn't that nice, now if they could only compensate my multiple late/missing orders this month they would be golden.

Evil_D185
24-05-2014, 13:52
Well isn't that nice, now if they could only compensate my multiple late/missing orders this month they would be golden.

Sorry mate you do not spend a high enough amount to comply for their so called "good service"

DarkWarrior1981
24-05-2014, 15:45
The difference is, the pre-order for the munitorum edition was billed with a guarantee, that you could pick it up on release day (today). They were not able to fulfill this, so they (had to?) compensate in some way. If a standard order got delayed, they can always refer to their Terms & Conditions, which do not guarantee a despatch or delivery on a certain date (unless it is a pre-order, of course), just an approximated despatch (usually within 24 hours or something along these lines).

MrPriest
24-05-2014, 17:26
The difference is, the pre-order for the munitorum edition was billed with a guarantee, that you could pick it up on release day (today). They were not able to fulfill this, so they (had to?) compensate in some way. If a standard order got delayed, they can always refer to their Terms & Conditions, which do not guarantee a despatch or delivery on a certain date (unless it is a pre-order, of course), just an approximated despatch (usually within 24 hours or something along these lines).

Actually my order came with a guarantee as well, I was guaranteed my order would arrive by friday this week with quality assured finecast products to replace a number of horribly miscast items. My order never arrived, guess what orders did?