PDA

View Full Version : Tau Battlesuits - WIP

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 17:00
Hi guys,

So I have decided to do a small Tau army for 40k, but I thought the Battlesuits were a bit "static" so I have tried to make them a bit more dynamic with a bit of cutting and re-attaching at a different angle. Please feel free to post any comments or advice.

Cheers,

Steve

p.s. please don't give me a hard time about my photography skills!!

Mortare
18-06-2006, 17:12
They look good. On a side note, you need to clean up some of the mold lines and cut points. Maybe look for other base materials to add more variety. Look forward to seeing more

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 17:21
Yeah the mold lines are gone now. I was kind of hoping to jungle the bases up a bit, but I needed the rock for the pose and to overstate the motion of the battlesuit.

A neutral shade of black.
18-06-2006, 18:46
I very much like the posing (configs are a bit iffy - Aurora is fine, but Soulcleanse?), though they do need a bit of cleaning (and GS the gaps in those jetpacks).

Oh, by the way, didn't you have a cabinet full of stuff to paint before running off to do another army? :P

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 19:23
Oh, by the way, didn't you have a cabinet full of stuff to paint before running off to do another army? :P

Erm.......... erm............ that must be some other guy :eyebrows:

Seriously I will get back to that thread pretty soon, but I do agree I really shouldn't start another army (although I have got my WFB Dwarfs up on eBay - so I guess that just makes it a one for one) ;)

75hastings69
19-06-2006, 07:26
configs are a bit iffy - Aurora is fine, but Soulcleanse?

Sorry, but I am new to 40k, where did you get the names for the weapon configs?

Yarick Zan
19-06-2006, 08:01
its all explained here http://www.cygnusx1.info/tau/crisisconfig.asp

it has all the configs of battle suits that people have done.

A neutral shade of black.
19-06-2006, 08:32
Sorry, but I am new to 40k, where did you get the names for the weapon configs?

In any case:

Aurora/Blinding Spear (plasma + missiles + multi-tracker) = good against all infantry, keep them;
Soulcleanse (flamer + fusion + multi-tracker) = very, very sucky. Get rid of those weapons and replace with twin-linked missiles and targeting array.

I hope you magnetised. :P

75hastings69
19-06-2006, 21:11
I hope you magnetised. :P

D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have magnets so I think that could be the answer. Cheers for the info guys.

Darth Carter
19-06-2006, 21:19
I don't see the difference between yours and the regular tau models:confused: :confused:

75hastings69
19-06-2006, 23:00
Dude did you even read the very first post? They are the regular Tau models, HOWEVER, I felt that the Battlesuits lack any kind of movement if you make them straight from the box, they look too rigid and static, that is why I cut into them and changed the angles of the legs etc. and put them on bases that (I hope) confer a bit more movement and/or action into them.

Steve