20-05-2014, 20:09
Master Engineer (General)

23 Longbeards - Full Command, Rune of Slowness x 2, Shields

21 Hammerers - Full Command, Shields

3 x Gyrocopter

Cannon - Rune of Forging

Organ Gun - Rune of Burning, Rune of Accuracy

Organ Gun - Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Forging

General Plan - blast the crap out of everything and mop up with my two blocks of dwarfs. Thoughts? I know it's very light on heroes.

EvanM
21-05-2014, 01:54
Okay, flaming attacks... seriously i feel like there are more units immune to flaming attacks than there are that suffer from them. Am I crazy?

Dwarves arent a hero-centric army, so you arent crazy. If this was like an empire list I would have problems with it. Honestly 1500 pts isnt all that fun. Its a good start but you should consider a 2000 pt army with 2 characters at least.

OllieOllieOllie
22-05-2014, 17:38
Okay, flaming attacks... seriously i feel like there are more units immune to flaming attacks than there are that suffer from them. Am I crazy?

Tons of stuff has regen or can at least get it through magic. I've only got the one Rune of Burning anyway.

OllieOllieOllie
23-05-2014, 20:36
Would really like some more feedback on this list. Here's some questions to get you thinking.

Can I get away with just having a single naked Engineer as my General? It does free up lots of points for other stuff (I find that people often tend to sink way too many points into Heroes/Lords that end up doing nothing)

Should I drop a Gyrocopter and a couple of Hammerers to include a Runesmith? I'll take a Spellbreaking Rune x 2 and will give armour piercing for the Longbeards, could be very handy.

Would this list be a problem for your army? Tell me why.

Would this list be a pushover for your army? Again, tell me why.

EvanM
26-05-2014, 06:24
at 1500 you can use an engineer general, but that means he isnt gonna be in a main unit.

a runesmith is good if you have the pts.

I think a good thing to do would be to take 1 organ gun, not 2. then the other points spend on characters to do some damage, give you buffs and so on.

I dont play at 1500 pts but this army is a little sticky