PDA

View Full Version : Possibly facing Conrad Curze (primarch)

cuda1179
24-05-2014, 21:59
I am playing a 4,000 point battle next weekend. I think my opponent might be bringing this primarch. I have a good idea of what he does, but would like to have suggestions on how to handle him. One question though, does this guy have a jump pack or anything similar?

Raktus
25-05-2014, 13:33
Unless you bring your own primarch or equilent, then you will want to either tie him up in a large pile of useless troops or simply kill him with massed firepower

SonofMagnus
25-05-2014, 15:02
You cant tie up Konrad. he has hit and run. And a jump pack. he will zip around engaging as he wants. What army are you playing against him? He also Auto-creates night-fighting, or he makes it almost a sure thing for a game. Don't remember which.

If its orks or space marines you should be fine when engaging him with nobz or terminators.
if its tau, or crons... blow him off the board when hes in the open, for those armies its easy peezy.
If space marines, bring some sternguard for poison shots for easy wounding or better yet- Hammernators to beat him into tiny little jiblets.

At 4000 points you are guaranteed to have access to plenty that can murder a primarch no matter the army you play. Bare in mind all his rules though, its quite a list! Primarchs are tough to crack, but not impossible by any stretch, bring plenty of high str weapons, low ap if possible as well. Force saves. try and get rid of him in 1-2 turns if possible. (IWND is rough on a 6 wound model that can hide)

cuda1179
25-05-2014, 22:19
You cant tie up Konrad. he has hit and run. And a jump pack. he will zip around engaging as he wants. What army are you playing against him? He also Auto-creates night-fighting, or he makes it almost a sure thing for a game. Don't remember which.

If its orks or space marines you should be fine when engaging him with nobz or terminators.
if its tau, or crons... blow him off the board when hes in the open, for those armies its easy peezy.
If space marines, bring some sternguard for poison shots for easy wounding or better yet- Hammernators to beat him into tiny little jiblets.

At 4000 points you are guaranteed to have access to plenty that can murder a primarch no matter the army you play. Bare in mind all his rules though, its quite a list! Primarchs are tough to crack, but not impossible by any stretch, bring plenty of high str weapons, low ap if possible as well. Force saves. try and get rid of him in 1-2 turns if possible. (IWND is rough on a 6 wound model that can hide)

I will be playing Necrons. So, this guy can manipulate nightfighting? I guess I could counter that with some cryptechs. Also, what do you think about me throwing an unbound C'Tan at him?

SonofMagnus
26-05-2014, 01:41
the C'tan will work, the unbound is the apoc one? that WILL work.

Necrons are great at countering primarchs, yes; he will stomp you in combat. But any primarch would so thats not a big thing, if you take Konrad he guarantees first turn night-fighting if he wants it. (Its Konrad, about what you'd expect)

Tesla weapons work wonders for dropping lots of wounds onto single figures. if hes rolling with a squad is suggest blasting it with a monolith template. or the unbound ctan can just stomp the squad to death lol.

IF he is alone, try to draw him into the open and just unload in his face. assuming you have enough reasonable strength firepower, he will either be crippled, or go away completely. Also....little gay trick....A buddy of mine did this to my Lorgar once.....Mind-shackle Scarabs, trick him into combat. challenge him out, then mind shackle him, has about a 50% chance to work, and if you get lucky he will eat his own lightning claws, tip first.

I know because Lorgar ate his powermaul.....My friend found it hilarious. me not so much :p

Raktus
26-05-2014, 06:48
The C'tan will do the job but will also more than likely end up being more expensive than the primarch and become a priority target for your opponent.
The shackle is a fun solution, but a bit random. Also it is not even certain that he will accept the challenge.
Personally I would unload tons of str 7 tesla from your barges and scythes on him.

cuda1179
26-05-2014, 07:44
Okay, I've got a basic strategy down. However, I still need to plan on how fast this guy moves.

Does Konrad have a jump pack? Someone told me yes, but someone else told me no.

Chem-Dog
26-05-2014, 08:24
He's Jump Infantry, yeah.

You're going to need a defence against Fear, if Nighthaunter (use his proper name dammit! :P) is in the army every unit with the Night Lords rule causes Fear, every unit that already has Fear inflicts a -1 to Ld when causing Fear and any time Nighthaunter is directly involved there is a -3 modifier to Ld against Fear.

Changer
26-05-2014, 08:56
Deathmarks should also work fairly well, add a char or two for more fun.

Lycannus
26-05-2014, 09:27
Okay, I've got a basic strategy down. However, I still need to plan on how fast this guy moves.

Does Konrad have a jump pack? Someone told me yes, but someone else told me no.

Jump infantry, Hit and Run and Fleet, Shrouded and stealth
Thats how he moves.

as said above, he has super fear, he also has mega lightning claws and super throwing knives of doom. But C'tan (Lesser and especially trancendant) counter all these.