PDA

View Full Version : Which rulebook to get?

Malchek
25-05-2014, 17:50
Hi everyone :) I recently got a baneblade and some other Imperial guard superheavies as well as some dkok and I'm wondering which rulebook(s) should I get to field them? Do I need escalation? Apocolypse or imperial armour 1 or a dkok specific book or all of them!? Lol the idea is to have rules mainly to use baneblade/shadowsword in normal 40k games, rules for dkok would be a bonus. I've just bought 7th ed rulebook so I have the lord of war rules in there. I've never been into fw much but I'm interested to give it a go? All advice welcome

Thanks in advance mal ;)

jason_sation
25-05-2014, 21:21
Related questions, are the rules for all of the Baneblade and variants in the new 7th edition book, or do I need Escalation or Apocalypse?

Hal'jin
25-05-2014, 21:23
There are no unit entries in the 7th ed rulebook, other than general rules for super heavies. You will need another book, probably Escalation (Though I do not know for sure)

Loopstah
25-05-2014, 22:26
Escalation has rules for all the Baneblade variants.
DKoK rules are in Imperial armour books from Forge World, the Vraks ones and another later book I think.
You could run the DKoK as guard though using the Astra Militarum codex though.

Malchek
25-05-2014, 22:40
So should I just get escalation or instead invest in imperial armour 1 for all the FW goodies?