PDA

View Full Version : Using the crimson slaughter book for 13th company - good/bad?

ArtificerArmour
29-05-2014, 18:05
So, yet again I'm toying with the idea of making a 13th company army. Yes, those scamps running round in the eye of terror, looking for Mr. Russ and his two dogs, and picking up bits of wargear they come across and donning it on their own.

So, the noteable 13th company trends:

Wolfen as troops (count as possessed)
No vehicles (I'm sure I'll add some anyway)
Rune priests had a power where they count teleport (santic powers seem to fit this bill)
No daemon prince (again, not an issue)

I'm just wondering what other things the Crimson slaughter book has that helps make a list.

I know it has an armour which gives 2+ IWND
Instead of Veterans of the long war they get fear (which is fine, space wolves from the eye will probably scare most people).

The army will probably get the mark of khorne where it can, for being the bloodthirsty warriors of russ who've been in the elements a wee bit too long. Wolf lord/chaos lord will get a jugg/thunder wolf and a 2+ IWND Chaos sorceror / rune priest will probably take sanctic.

So any other thoughts?

Inquisitor Shego
29-05-2014, 18:09
Unbound, play space wolves, take possessed, ask your friends if they'd mind. I use the Games Day limited edition skinwolf for my Daemon Prince of Khorne, given he was a space wolf gone too far into madness.

Shipmonkey
29-05-2014, 18:11
Why not just use the Space Wolf Codex? How do you explain how after fighting chaos for thousands of years in the warp, your Wolves now have Preferred Enemy loyalist Marines? You can take Santic powers on your Rune Priests if you want. If you want Wolfen, use the FW skinwolf minis as stand in for thunder wolves.

ArtificerArmour
29-05-2014, 18:20
Why not just use the Space Wolf Codex? How do you explain how after fighting chaos for thousands of years in the warp, your Wolves now have Preferred Enemy loyalist Marines?

They don't, Crimson Slaughter do not have access to veterans of the long war.

You can take Santic powers on your Rune Priests if you want. If you want Wolfen, use the FW skinwolf minis as stand in for thunder wolves.

I'd rather actually have them on 25mm round bases like the original models ;)

ArtificerArmour
29-05-2014, 18:21
Why not just use the Space Wolf Codex? How do you explain how after fighting chaos for thousands of years in the warp, your Wolves now have Preferred Enemy loyalist Marines?

They don't, Crimson Slaughter do not have access to veterans of the long war.

You can take Santic powers on your Rune Priests if you want. If you want Wolfen, use the FW skinwolf minis as stand in for thunder wolves.

I'd rather actually have them on 25mm round bases like the original models ;)

Lord Damocles
29-05-2014, 21:02
Wulfen weren't Troops in the 13th Company list.

I agree that Space Wolves would work best. Plonk some Death Company in as Wulfen or something. Don't take vehicles.