PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards and Citadel colours

riker666
29-05-2014, 18:19

they are everywhere

Ultimate Life Form
29-05-2014, 18:36
To win the next election we recommend the use of Citadel colors and modelling tools.

riker666
29-05-2014, 18:39
it should be on their frontpage

shelfunit.
29-05-2014, 18:41
But that doesn't look like a GW model he is painting... What could have been a great advertising opportunity for GW just turned into a big F. U. (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0030397/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3)

:shifty:

Autumn Leaves
29-05-2014, 18:43
Ha Ha .

touche' Shelfie ;-)

Hite
30-05-2014, 17:59
[QUOTE=shelfunit.;7176725]But that doesn't look like a GW model he is painting... What could have been a great advertising opportunity for GW just turned into a big F. U. (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0030397/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3)

If you watched the show you would know how wrong you are.

Bigglesworth
30-05-2014, 18:46
I thought GW paints formed beads when put on non GW models?

shelfunit.
30-05-2014, 18:59
If you watched the show you would know how wrong you are.

Or not, as it turns out. Last time I checked GW didn't produce Civil war minis.

Night Bearer
30-05-2014, 21:17
Or not, as it turns out. Last time I checked GW didn't produce Civil war minis.
I think they meant more about your comment that associating themselves with some of the characters from that show - esp the pictured one - would be a desirable advertising strategy.

shelfunit.
30-05-2014, 21:33
I think they meant more about your comment that associating themselves with some of the characters from that show - esp the pictured one - would be a desirable advertising strategy.

I always found him to be a lovable rogue, at least in the original series. Do whatever it takes to get and maintain power, attempt to destroy your rivals with dirty tricks etc. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Joking aside though - getting your products placed, noticeably on one of the most successful TV shows of the last couple of years would be an enormous coup, and one in which the viewers would be highly focused on the main character and what he was doing could potentially generate a lot of interest for any company.

lordreaven448
31-05-2014, 02:12
I always found him to be a lovable rogue, at least in the original series. Do whatever it takes to get and maintain power, attempt to destroy your rivals with dirty tricks etc. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Joking aside though - getting your products placed, noticeably on one of the most successful TV shows of the last couple of years would be an enormous coup, and one in which the viewers would be highly focused on the main character and what he was doing could potentially generate a lot of interest for any company.
But this is GW we are talking about. The character could have ran to the camera and grabbed it and yell "BUY GW STUFF RIGHT NOW!" And GW would still screw it up.

MrKeef
31-05-2014, 02:18
To people who have not seen the show: it would have been impossible thematically to include any of GW's models in the show so it wasn't a missed advertising opportunity.

Paints and maybe the brush is as good as they were going to get.

Luigi
31-05-2014, 14:39
Ahaha me and my girlfriend were commenting on that exact scene a few days ago.
We were even painting ourselves while we watched!

Wolf Lord Balrog
01-06-2014, 06:29

You and your girlfriend were painting each other?? Why did we need to know that? :D

Dr Zoidberg
01-06-2014, 06:37

You and your girlfriend were painting each other?? Why did we need to know that? :D

Tell us more...